Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock Hard Skids - Poor Design!

Quote Originally Posted by bhaner View Post
    Did you pay extra to upgrade to that factory skid? No? Guess you got what you paid for then.
    Sounds like you’re just salty they wouldn’t send you the files. Which who would blame them. What on earth would make you think that a company would send you the files to make an exact copy of their own product?

And I think you’re overlooking the point. The point is skid plates get beat up. If you don’t want skid plates to be bent and mangled, don’t go offroad. End of story, easy as pie.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread
    2019 Compass Sport Build Thread

I just noticed that this was posted directly in the Rock Hard 4x4 subforum.

Seems like a case of “I didn’t get what i want so now I’m going to brand bash”

Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by USMC Wrangler View Post
    I have the full EVO Protek skids on my 4 door. They have been pounded on, (especially the crossmember skid), while on the EVO Leveling Kit. They’ve bent even though I get teased as a slow poke on the trails. So I’ve had to remove that skid and hammer it out a couple times, but what it’s covering isn’t damaged.

Attachment 329601

Attachment 329602
    If that is what is required I guess my expectations were just out of line with reality.

I tried to buy product that would hold up to heavy abuse. I feel that what I was doing was no where near what the vehicle is capable of doing. It's got more in it.

I will just need to make it better. That's what I do. I just expect that same quality and effort out of products that I buy as I do from parts I build.
    Byron Haner - Wickersham, Wa
    2016 JKUR HR
    Evo Offroad DTD w/Evo Lever
    Dynatrac Elite ProRock XD60/80
    40" Procomp MT, 17" B.A.D. Wheels

My Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    I just noticed that this was posted directly in the Rock Hard 4x4 subforum.

Seems like a case of “I didn’t get what i want so now I’m going to brand bash”

Take it however you want. At this point I am not asking for anything from them. I would rather warn others before they spend hard earned money on something that was "the best in the industry" only to be as disappointed as I was.
    2016 JKUR HR

My Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    Sounds like you’re just salty they wouldn’t send you the files. Which who would blame them. What on earth would make you think that a company would send you the files to make an exact copy of their own product?

And I think you’re overlooking the point. The point is skid plates get beat up. If you don’t want skid plates to be bent and mangled, don’t go offroad. End of story, easy as pie.

I couldn't care less if they sent me the files. It was just an option. I also asked if they would be willing to do a redesign or use better steel.

They know as well as I do that you can copy anything. Files or no files.

This is a tool. It is designed to go offroad. Skid plates should be designed to handle it. Don't tell me they can't be. I had a D-8 dozer that had skids to hold up to it's 70k weight. Not a dent in them.
    Last edited by bhaner; 06-25-2019 at 01:24 AM.
    2016 JKUR HR

My Build Thread

I tried to buy product that would hold up to heavy abuse.
    Abuse seems to be the word you don't want to address. It looks like they held up just fine to me on a heavy JKU. LOL, you're running a DTD/Evo lever system on 40's, with a D60/D80 combo. Why on earth do you need to bang the living shit out of your skids like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Abuse seems to be the word you don't want to address. It looks like they held up just fine to me on a heavy JKU. LOL, you're running a DTD/Evo lever system on 40's, with a D60/D80 combo. Why on earth do you need to bang the living shit out of your skids like that?
    That's the problem I have.... It wasn't even a hard hit! I was driving it nice! LOL!
    2016 JKUR HR

My Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    To try to show you how hard he wishes he could bang women

Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread

I couldn't care less if they sent me the files. It was just an option. I also asked if they would be willing to do a redesign or use better steel.

They know as well as I do that you can copy anything. Files or no files.

This is a tool. It is designed to go offroad. Skid plates should be designed to handle it. Don't tell me they can't be. I had a D-8 dozer that had skids to hold up to it's 70k weight. Not a dent in them.
    Seriously? Sure they can make a set of skids that won't show a dent. But the damn things would weigh hundreds of pounds. Hardly an apt comparison.

Take it however you want. At this point I am not asking for anything from them. I would rather warn others before they spend hard earned money on something that was "the best in the industry" only to be as disappointed as I was.
    They are one of the best in the industry. They wouldn’t be allowed to be a forum supporter if they weren’t.

Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast