Thread: Rubicon E-swaybar disconnect

Rubicon E-swaybar disconnect

Like so many others, the e-disconnect swaybar had water in it and is toast. (happened twice before and was replaced under warranty, but now itís on 𝗺𝘆 pocketbook.) 2011 JKRU BTW. 56k miles. I was looking at the EVO air-powered disconnect, but then I tested my old one. The motor still works, and reverses when the leads are changed. Has anyone hardwired a switch to theirs? A momentary DPDT switch ought to work. Crazy idea?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Kenthejeepguy View Post
    Like so many others, the e-disconnect swaybar had water in it and is toast. (happened twice before and was replaced under warranty, but now itís on 𝗺𝘆 pocketbook.) 2011 JKRU BTW. 56k miles. I was looking at the EVO air-powered disconnect, but then I tested my old one. The motor still works, and reverses when the leads are changed. Has anyone hardwired a switch to theirs? A momentary DPDT switch ought to work. Crazy idea?

Can't be momentary. Need constant power to hold the bar unlocked... It springs back to locked once power is removed.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

I would go with the Evo manual disconnect. By far one of the best decisions I have made. Granted you do need to remember to connect it back when you get on pavement otherwise it will be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by uberc4 View Post
    I would go with the Evo manual disconnect. By far one of the best decisions I have made. Granted you do need to remember to connect it back when you get on pavement otherwise it will be fun.

Haha ^^ fun is right.
    I second the manual. If I had the opportunity to disconnect more than I do I'd consider the air version but the manual is stupid easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Haha ^^ fun is right.
    I second the manual. If I had the opportunity to disconnect more than I do I'd consider the air version but the manual is stupid easy.
    I live close to lot of trails and use my disconnect frequently. Donít think it requires constant power, as the motor turns a screw, then turns off. If direct wiring doesnít work then I will use an air powered disconnect so I donít have to get out in the mud and dirt if needed.

Besides, the manual disconnect is about $100, and I can get an air power disconnect for about $200. For a hundred bucks I think itís worth the convenience.

IMO anyway