Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3.6 or 2.0?

3.6 or 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRubicon View Post
    2.0L is the future and then electric. Better all get use to it.
    I have JLU Rubicon with 2.0L and its fine. When I off-road it does great. One of you said you averaged 26 or 29mpg driving around out west.

BULLSHIT!!! maybe if you were driving down hill the whole time. Iíve had mine since end of Nov and have about 5800 miles on it.
    Expect for normal driving 17-19. Wranglers will NEVER get great gas mileage until hybrid or all electric
    Not bullshit. A lot of 50-60 mph roads for long distances. At it was over 29 mpg. Just donít drive like and idiot hammering the throttle at every light.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

2.0L is the future and then electric. Better all get use to it.
    I have JLU Rubicon with 2.0L and its fine. When I off-road it does great. One of you said you averaged 26 or 29mpg driving around out west.

BULLSHIT!!! maybe if you were driving down hill the whole time. I’ve had mine since end of Nov and have about 5800 miles on it.
    Expect for normal driving 17-19. Wranglers will NEVER get great gas mileage until hybrid or all electric
    I doubt it's BS. When my 2012 JKUR was bone stock (Air dam still installed) I could easily get 21-23 on the highway and 18-20 around town (6 speed shifting in the green RPM range).

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Not bullshit. A lot of 50-60 mph roads for long distances. At it was over 29 mpg. Just don’t drive like and idiot hammering the throttle at every light.

Yeah I'm not afraid to go 70 I just don't make it a point to get to 70 as fast as I can...haha.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    I doubt it's BS. When my 2012 JKUR was bone stock (Air dam still installed) I could easily get 21-23 on the highway and 18-20 around town (6 speed shifting in the green RPM range).
    Exactly

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep Scrambler
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Believe what you want, I own one. I keep the MPG on the display all the time and see the average and real time mpg. I baby it off the line because I don't want to fill tank constantly. You will never average 26 or 29 mpg normal driving in a JLU 4 dr Rubicon on 33's with 2.0. Factory doesn't even advertise that!
    MPG obviously even worse when I put on the bigger tires and travel to off-road.

Maybe a 2dr sport or Sahara.

Believe what you want, I own one. I keep the MPG on the display all the time and see the average and real time mpg. I baby it off the line because I don't want to fill tank constantly. You will never average 26 or 29 mpg normal driving in a JLU 4 dr Rubicon on 33's with 2.0. Factory doesn't even advertise that!
    MPG obviously even worse when I put on the bigger tires and travel to off-road.

Maybe a 2dr sport or Sahara.

luf.jpg

10 of em...

I have about 6k on my stock 2.0. I was skeptical but Iím actually very happy with it at this point. I can also attest to the 20+ MPG. I just ordered my lift, wheels and 35ís so Iíll let yíall know how that feels/affects daily driving.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

For all the non believers on the gas mileage front for the 2.0. Hereís my dads as of today. He is a notorious lead foot and heís getting 23 mpg out of his Sahara.

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep Scrambler
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Nothing but a Thing Zstairlessone's Avatar

If I do 65 on the highway, and donít blast about (as blast about as it gets with the 3.8 that is) I average a calculated 21.72 MPG. This is in a 2008 with 4.10s. Of course, at 70 and above that drops to just under 15.1 MPG. With the raked back windshield and a more efficient engine the 2.0 JL is pretty likely to see great numbers

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    For all the non believers on the gas mileage front for the 2.0. Hereís my dads as of today. He is a notorious lead foot and heís getting 23 mpg out of his Sahara.

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep Scrambler
    LMAO...that is far cry from 26 or 29mpg. I get that mileage too once in a while. I was saying BS to the 26, 29 that was posted.

3.6 or 2.0?

LMAO...that is far cry from 26 or 29mpg. I get that mileage too once in a while. I was saying BS to the 26, 29 that was posted.
    Difference is me versus my Father Driving #1. Secondly, that is all city driving, no highways, no 50-60 MPH roads for hours at a time out west. And Third, you thought it was crazy that I was getting over 20 mpg and complaining about that. 23 is very realistic around town number and 29 can be achieved if you donít drive like an ass like my dad who thinks ever car should be red lined out of every red light. To many Chevelles as a kids. Ruined him for life.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep Scrambler
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123