2DR Stretch Questions

Ramathorn

Hi Guys,

Starting to gather parts and info on stretching my 2dr jk towards the end of this year. I’ll list some specs below and my general idea on the direction here. I know this has been covered a couple times but I would love any ideas/feedback. This is by no means going to be a buggy build or all that extreme, with that said it’s not my daily driver and already trailered now. One of my buddies builds one off F100s and will be helping with the fab/welding.

2008 JK Rubi 2DR

- EVO long arms front and rear
- Rear arms mounted in factory location (~8in stretch)
- EVO coilovers or ORIs (haven’t decided yet)
- Custom Rear coilover/strut mounting through the rear tub. Thinking about tying into a harness bar. Rebels rear recon coil over bracket a possibility.

Here are my questions:

- Anybody running coilovers with no sway bars? No need for on road stability but is it too squirrelly off road?

- Trying to keep the ride height relatively low. Would you suggest 12 or 14in coilover/struts for the rear? I can always move the bracket higher or lower.

- Know anyone that makes rear aluminum corner armor blanks?

- Any noticeable difference between 2.0 and 2.5in coilovers? I will be running remote res.

- Since I’m using the factory arm mounts, the lower frame side rear mount takes a beating already on ledges. Hit them on every decent ledge in Moab the other week. Are something like synergy’s weld on frame bracket sliders worth it? Can the factory mounts take a beating on their own? Better options?

Appreciate any info. As I get closer I will create a build thread to keep myself organized and share progress with you guys.

Thanks!

E

Ramathorn

Thanks for the interest guys. I’ll be sure to update when I get going. Hoping someone can chime in on a couple of these questions.

Blownblue

I would put some sort of sway bar on unless your going to use Ori shocks.

If you go with coil overs I would look at 2.5’s with the weight of a jk

With the fabrication/welding with the setup I would just fabricate some skids for the control arms and be done.

desertrunner

Any updates on this?
I really want to stretch my 2dr after my Rubicon trip next summer and I have been looking into the synergy kit since it seems relatively simple as long as you can weld control arm brackets.
I also was looking at the Evo high clearance long arm brackets and just do custom length arms to tuck the mounts up a bit.
Curious what direction you went with yours

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Any updates on this?
I really want to stretch my 2dr after my Rubicon trip next summer and I have been looking into the synergy kit since it seems relatively simple as long as you can weld control arm brackets.
I also was looking at the Evo high clearance long arm brackets and just do custom length arms to tuck the mounts up a bit.
Curious what direction you went with yours
Dude hasn’t logged in in two years.

Top Bottom