Jk radiator question

Had Jeep replace my radiator and after having to take it back twice to get it right I thought everything was good. It’s running good, but I noticed two things...the left and right grille to condenser seals were just cut off and not replaced. Do those need to be there? And on the passenger side I found a huge wiring harness just hanging loose. Seems it should be attached to something. Also the bottom of the new radiator looks kinda dirty...doesn’t rub off though. Any input is appreciated.

IMG_1731.jpg IMG_1732.jpg

I know they cut the seals. I don’t know why. Are they not really required? The seals weren’t torn, clearly cut and not replaced. The double snap piece on the back of the harness connector came out. One side of the clip for it is broken. I dunno if they did it or not. I’m guessing yes, but I don’t know for sure. I got it back in place and zip tied the harness wires to stabilize it. Sigh

WJCO

Meme King
The seals are there to force the optimum amount of air through the radiator instead of around it. Cutting them makes the job easier but it's not the right way to do it.

I figured as much...I found even more damage. Someone at the dealer went nuts tightening the air tube to the fan shroud. The captured nuts are all but ripped thru the top of the plastic. Ugh. I managed to reattach the harness with the original clip, although it’s still damaged and not holding right, but I did zip tie the wiring to that metal piece you pointed out and it seems solid enough. I’m just disgusted with what I’m finding. Gotta call the advisor again tomorrow. WTF.

IMG_1733.jpg
IMG_1734.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I figured as much...I found even more damage. Someone at the dealer went nuts tightening the air tube to the fan shroud. The captured nuts are all but ripped thru the top of the plastic. Ugh. I managed to reattach the harness with the original clip, although it’s still damaged and not holding right, but I did zip tie the wiring to that metal piece you pointed out and it seems solid enough. I’m just disgusted with what I’m finding. Gotta call the advisor again tomorrow. WTF.

Yeah, they need to replace all this shit for free and have a quality tech do the job.

While we are one the topic, this is the bottom of the new radiator. It’s kinda dirty looking and the rail at the bottom looks bowed compared to the core. Thoughts?

IMG_1742.jpg IMG_1743.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
The dirt looks normal it is just oxidation. When I replace mine this spring it looked the same. Can’t speak to the bow. Hard to tell in the pictures

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

Top Bottom