Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prorock 44 leak(s) Need Help

I guess if the shaft was machined down and sleeve was pressed on tight, it would move. But I think the grooves came from having barely any deflection and actually connected the metal of the seal, which would wear down the sleeve. I sent pictures to RCV and they said it was most likely dirt or metal that got between the seal to do that. I did have a bunch of mud and dirt in the axle housing, but I didn't notice any metal around the seals. There was the typical shavings stuck to the magnets of the diff cover, but not excessive.

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by 17xJKU View Post
    I guess if the shaft was machined down and sleeve was pressed on tight, it would move. But I think the grooves came from having barely any deflection and actually connected the metal of the seal, which would wear down the sleeve. I sent pictures to RCV and they said it was most likely dirt or metal that got between the seal to do that. I did have a bunch of mud and dirt in the axle housing, but I didn't notice any metal around the seals. There was the typical shavings stuck to the magnets of the diff cover, but not excessive.

Wouldn't move... dang typos.

I use this product at work. And would work much better than Jb weld. Hardens like metal and can be machined. Will make the shaft like new again

https://www.enecon.com/product-duralloy

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo21 View Post
    I use this product at work. And would work much better than Jb weld. Hardens like metal and can be machined. Will make the shaft like new again

https://www.enecon.com/product-duralloy

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dang, seems like good stuff. That might be what they used at my work on the shafts for our fans for the car ovens. I wish I would have known about it sooner, as I've already put the JB weld on. I don't think it's enough area to even hurt anything once I sand and smooth it. I guess if it wears down or cracks, I'll look into that stuff. Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123