Dynatrac Codex 3 burnout video coming tomorrow on IG

Ddays

Hooked
Maybe that was the plan - mount those Milestars and burn the living shit out of them? Should be a Brutish video. ;)

Sharkey

Word Ninja
:yawn: Lighting a turd on fire doesn’t make it into a diamond, it just makes it smell like a burned turd.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, serious question here - does the idea of CODEX doing a burnout excite anyone? I mean, does it make you want to drop everything to tune it as soon as the video is released? Is there something Dynatrac could do that would? Again, serious question.

Napalm

So, serious question here - does the idea of CODEX doing a burnout excite anyone? I mean, does it make you want to drop everything to tune it as soon as the video is released? Is there something Dynatrac could do that would? Again, serious question.

I mean... I am excited to see those Chinese tires get burnt up. 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
I enjoy watching any of their videos. They are a cool company and they enjoy what they do. It will definitely be fun to watch them shred the tires on CodeX and when it pops up in my feed... I’ll watch it. I’d love to see Jim do a detailed step by step Differential re-gear on a pr44.

WJCO

Meme King

Powerful vehicles burning out has a cool factor, but not something I'll schedule to watch. I'm sure I'll see it around. With that being said, I don't see how a video like that promotes any of their parts.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I mean... I am excited to see those Chinese tires get burnt up. 🤣

LOL - not gonna lie, I still have a hard time with Dynatrac running china tires and I've told them as much. It really bothers me.

I enjoy watching any of their videos. They are a cool company and they enjoy what they do. It will definitely be fun to watch them shred the tires on CodeX and when it pops up in my feed... I’ll watch it. I’d love to see Jim do a detailed step by step Differential re-gear on a pr44.

Cool. So, do you think that videos like this do well to help promote Dynatrac and the products they make. To clarify, do you think that just getting their name out is enough to draw in new customers?

Powerful vehicles burning out has a cool factor, but not something I'll schedule to watch. I'm sure I'll see it around. With that being said, I don't see how a video like that promotes any of their parts.

Is there something in particular you would like to see them do with CODEX? Something that would help promote their parts?

Ddays

Hooked
I think you were once a very bad Boy Scout...

Ok, I admit I was a terrible scout. :grayno: BUT, my Pinewood Derby car was a badass MOFO. No shit, mine was so fast it jumped the track and I lost the final.

Full disclosure: I only posted this because I've been needling Brute about the burnout that didn't happen with the stock tires during his badass JK6 build. There was a pic showing it with those puny tires mounted on it and I posted it'd be cool to to see that beast frying all 4 of those little doughnuts. Hench why I said the video would be "Brutish" ;) I don't think I've missed a chance to poke him about it and he's been a great sport about it, although he has called me a juvenile delinquent once or twice. :cheesy:

In general I think burnouts and those destructive videos done by trucks and Jeeps are stupid and not something I seek out or look for.

DDays will....

I'd rather see yours :brows:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I admit I was a terrible scout. :grayno: BUT, my Pinewood Derby car was a badass MOFO. No shit, mine was so fast it jumped the track and I lost the final.

Full disclosure: I only posted this because I've been needling Brute about the burnout that didn't happen with the stock tires during his badass JK6 build. There was a pic showing it with those puny tires mounted on it and I posted it'd be cool to to see that beast frying all 4 of those little doughnuts. Hench why I said the video would be "Brutish" ;) I don't think I've missed a chance to poke him about it and he's been a great sport about it, although he has called me a juvenile delinquent once or twice. :cheesy:

In general I think burnouts and those destructive videos done by trucks and Jeeps are stupid and not something I seek out or look for.

I'd rather see yours :brows:

LOL - I was thinking that's why you made the post but thought I would use the opportunity to ask an honest and legitimate question. I just wanted to know if people were actually excited to see this video.

Ddays

Hooked
Cool. So, do you think that videos like this do well to help promote Dynatrac and the products they make. To clarify, do you think that just getting their name out is enough to draw in new customers?

IMHO, the Codex build was aimed at a completely new market for Dynatrac - the Overlanding crowd - and they're really smart to do so. Those guys spend an absolute assload of money of camping shit. Why not a set of nice Dynatrac axles? After all their motto is "Confidence to Explore". I think so much of the company and their product that I have a DYNATRAC decal on both sides of my hood.

Having said that, this video makes absolutely zero sense to me. Why burn up a set of tires? Who are they directing this video towards? Overlanders don;t give a shit about that. Nor does the general Jeep population.

TrailHunter

Hooked

Dynatrac is known for Axles. Videos about Axles and wheeling those axles hard, will always be the best promotion for their company. Burning Chinese rubber off CodeX is just them having a good time... That’s how I see it anyway.. I don’t think it would help sales much.

WJCO

Meme King
Is there something in particular you would like to see them do with CODEX? Something that would help promote their parts?

Short answer: Not really.

Long answer: What has sold me and drawn me in about Dynatrac is when either Jim talks about their products or you and Cindy film their products being built (specifically axles). Over the years, the evidence is more than there that Dynatrac is focused on quality, strength, and customer service. I believe what I've seen and I believe in the products of theirs that I own. That in itself has sold the Dynatrac name, in my opinion.
No sugar coating, the whole time this Codex thing was in it's earlier stages (turning it into a JL 2 door with a flatbed), I just kept thinking 'what the fuck are they doing?' and 'Does Jim know about this?' At least they finally got their axles under it but wish they had left it a Gladiator.

I think you were once a very bad Boy Scout...

Yeah....still waiting on your video....

boardsurfer

If you're rocking a hellcat, the only acceptable video is a 4 wheel burnout..

*Ahem*.

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
IMHO, the Codex build was aimed at a completely new market for Dynatrac - the Overlanding crowd - and they're really smart to do so. Those guys spend an absolute assload of money of camping shit. Why not a set of nice Dynatrac axles? After all their motto is "Confidence to Explore". I think so much of the company and their product that I have a DYNATRAC decal on both sides of my hood.

Having said that, this video makes absolutely zero sense to me. Why burn up a set of tires? Who are they directing this video towards? Overlanders don;t give a shit about that. Nor does the general Jeep population.

Agreed, the overlanding market is a big one and one they used to be more a part of back in the glory days of Sportsmobiles. How something like this helps their cause eludes me but I figured maybe I'm just out of the loop on what's cool.

With that said, is there something you think they could do with CODEX that would peak your interest or maybe the overlanding crowd?

Bierpower

Hooked
I'm much more interested in the tech videos you do with dynatrac. The problems they see and the fixes they have created for them are much more relevant to me than a burnout video. I still go back from time to time and watch the 60 and 80 build videos. I think something along the lines of destructive testing of an axle assembly would be cool if they're dead set on destruction. Maybe forces required to bend end forgings on stock jk/jl vs a pro rock. Or measuring tube strengths based on various diameters and wall thicknesses. They talk about how one set up is x% stronger than another, I'd be curious what the numbers are. Maybe I'm just a nerd but that seems much more entertaining to me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Dynatrac is known for Axles. Videos about Axles and wheeling those axles hard, will always be the best promotion for their company. Burning Chinese rubber off CodeX is just them having a good time... That’s how I see it anyway.. I don’t think it would help sales much.

Is there a video they could do with CODEX that you think would?

Short answer: Not really.

Long answer: What has sold me and drawn me in about Dynatrac is when either Jim talks about their products or you and Cindy film their products being built (specifically axles). Over the years, the evidence is more than there that Dynatrac is focused on quality, strength, and customer service. I believe what I've seen and I believe in the products of theirs that I own. That in itself has sold the Dynatrac name, in my opinion.
No sugar coating, the whole time this Codex thing was in it's earlier stages (turning it into a JL 2 door with a flatbed), I just kept thinking 'what the fuck are they doing?' and 'Does Jim know about this?' At least they finally got their axles under it but wish they had left it a Gladiator.

LOL - well, I'm glad to hear you enjoy our videos and appreciate the kind words. I think what Dynatrac is just trying to do is get their name out on Social Media by trying to create something viral. Maybe it'll work - maybe it won't. I guess I'm just trying to get a pulse on whether or not something like this or CODEX would have grabbed your attention if you knew nothing about Dynatrac. Would it make you want to look at them as a company and the products they make?

If you're rocking a hellcat, the only acceptable video is a 4 wheel burnout..

*Ahem*.

LOL - well, that's something you can expect to see.

Top Bottom