CA is Finally #1!

jesse3638

Hooked
As of today a nearly .06¢ gas tax goes into affect. This moves our glorious state of CA into the top position for gas tax and fees at .57¢ per gallon. Woo hoo, let's celebrate this crowning achievement by filling up then poking ourselves in the eye with a sharp stick! This is in addition to our VLF's on our registration. At least they pushed smog requirements back to 8 years on new vehicles, however we still get to pay a smog abatement fee, thanks green vehicles for that kind gesture.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
California has been #1 in lots of things for awhile now. Not all positive things though.....

Ddays

Hooked
As of today a nearly .06¢ gas tax goes into affect. This moves our glorious state of CA into the top position for gas tax and fees at .57¢ per gallon. Woo hoo, let's celebrate this crowning achievement by filling up then poking ourselves in the eye with a sharp stick! This is in addition to our VLF's on our registration. At least they pushed smog requirements back to 8 years on new vehicles, however we still get to pay a smog abatement fee, thanks green vehicles for that kind gesture.

LOL, I really hate to burst your bubble buddy, but you're still #2! Good ole Pennsylvania's still got ya beat. Our taxes are $0.587 per gallon. :icon_crazy:

"Pennsylvania places the highest taxes and fees on gasoline in the country, according to the Washington-based Tax Foundation.

Drivers in the state pay 58.7 cents per gallon in state-imposed taxes and fees, the foundation reports."

Ddays

Hooked
HOLD THE PHONE - I WAS WRONG!

California, Pennsylvania officially passes the torch to you as the state having the highest gas tax in the country - you're over $0.60 per gallon

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGTV) -- California will have the highest gas tax in the nation after an upcoming increase beginning July 1, according to figures by the Tax Foundation .

Beginning July 1, California’s gas tax will increase by nearly six cents. Currently, the tax is 55.2 cents per gallon. When the additional tax kicks in, that figure will jump to more than 60 cents in taxes per gallon.

Currently, the highest gas tax in the nation is in Pennsylvania at 58.7 cents

BaddestCross

HOLD THE PHONE - I WAS WRONG!

California, Pennsylvania officially passes the torch to you as the state having the highest gas tax in the country - you're over $0.60 per gallon

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGTV) -- California will have the highest gas tax in the nation after an upcoming increase beginning July 1, according to figures by the Tax Foundation .

Beginning July 1, California’s gas tax will increase by nearly six cents. Currently, the tax is 55.2 cents per gallon. When the additional tax kicks in, that figure will jump to more than 60 cents in taxes per gallon.

Currently, the highest gas tax in the nation is in Pennsylvania at 58.7 cents
So how does it feel to be the first loser? [emoji23]

This state is so fucked up. [emoji15]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

jesse3638

Hooked
Just got gas for our trip to Truckee. Costco here in Apple Valley still had it for $3.39. Not too bad considering a lot of other places around here are $3.60 or higher.

Not sure what happened on my previous post. I was trying to edit it and some how quoted myself and edited it in my quote..haha. Still the local news was wrong they said we would be at .57¢... :crazyeyes:

Ddays

Hooked
There must be more hidden shit in your price per gallon. We're hovering around $3/gallon here. 4 miles from my house in Ohio it's $2.50-ish. Worth the drive. Specially when all of your damn vehicles get between 14-18 mpg. :rolleyes2:

Top Bottom