"The Spare is too big!"

jjlong

That's what my wife said when I asked her yesterday how she managed back into the parked car behind her. Good news is the Jeep is fine.[emoji6] 13321.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Torrin

Get a backup camera for that thing if the woman folks are driving it. Heck, get one for the men folk driving it. I am thinking about putting one on mine, as I tend to be in tight parking lots once a week or so.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Hell, I put two. One on the spare pointing down which comes on in the head unit when put it in reverse and a camera for the rear view mirror that is always on. There is 0 view with the spare and tank back there.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

jjlong

Get a backup camera for that thing if the woman folks are driving it. Heck, get one for the men folk driving it. I am thinking about putting one on mine, as I tend to be in tight parking lots once a week or so.
Hell, I put two. One on the spare pointing down which comes on in the head unit when put it in reverse and a camera for the rear view mirror that is always on. There is 0 view with the spare and tank back there.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler
I'll be looking into a camera. She can't be playing Bumper Cars in parking lots!

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

Where did you connect the power to the camera that is always on? I used to have mine wired up to the lighter outlet in the trunk area but it was killing my battery, I switched it to the reverse light power so now it only comes on when in reverse. It was nice to be able to have the rear view wherever, I kind of miss it.

OP, my wife did the same thing pulling out of the garage once lol. She backed the Jeep up into her own car. Also blamed it on the spare.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Where did you connect the power to the camera that is always on? I used to have mine wired up to the lighter outlet in the trunk area but it was killing my battery, I switched it to the reverse light power so now it only comes on when in reverse. It was nice to be able to have the rear view wherever, I kind of miss it.

OP, my wife did the same thing pulling out of the garage once lol. She backed the Jeep up into her own car. Also blamed it on the spare.

I wired it to the lighter outlet on the dash. That one is only powered when the Jeep on. The others are constant

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Never ends.

Are you guys going to make it to Drummond?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

We won’t be able to make it, we have an anniversary trip around that time. The resort we got married in is offering a few nights free stay, so we have to use it up, and it’s just my valid for specific dates.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug

wjtstudios

Hooked
We won’t be able to make it, we have an anniversary trip around that time. The resort we got married in is offering a few nights free stay, so we have to use it up, and it’s just my valid for specific dates.

That’s right, your Anniversary is going to fall on Drummond week. Well you have to keep Momma happy!

For the same reason, I’ll never make it to SEMA. “Hey Honey, let’s go to Vegas for our anniversary and spend 3 days looking at Jeeps!” Don’t think that will go over well.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

duktrx

I'm installing one of these in the rear of mine this weekend so I can run accessories

View attachment 330100

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R1RQJ7...&pd_rd_r=3ba15825-9d1e-11e9-9d02-b33be0c06c26

I also ordered these connectors so I can plug & unplug the accessories if I ever want to.

View attachment 330101

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A6LTK44/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I mounted one of those with velcro to the bottom of the defroster ducting, open the glove box and it's right there. High enough and protected from the elements. Added cb, Heated seats, dash cam (has a rear camera too), and a spare; it's powered from the battery, through a relay triggered from the switched power outlet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm installing one of these in the rear of mine this weekend so I can run accessories

View attachment 330100

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R1RQJ7...&pd_rd_r=3ba15825-9d1e-11e9-9d02-b33be0c06c26

I also ordered these connectors so I can plug & unplug the accessories if I ever want to.

View attachment 330101

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A6LTK44/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered those connectors. Look pretty solid. Will make things easier on the evo carrier to wire things up.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom