Tuffy Security Deck

Someone is selling one on a local marketplace but his Jeep is a 2009, mine is a 2013. I was reading online that there were ones built specifically for 2007-2010 and then after that. But are they really different? If so could I still make it work because it’s 1 hell of a deal he’s selling it for. Thanks in advance guys!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Whitarmy

Someone is selling one on a local marketplace but his Jeep is a 2009, mine is a 2013. I was reading online that there were ones built specifically for 2007-2010 and then after that. But are they really different? If so could I still make it work because it’s 1 hell of a deal he’s selling it for. Thanks in advance guys!

Not sure about the unlimited, but I sold my hard top off my 2014 2 door to a guy with a 2009 and we had to drill a hole in the rails on either side for a new mounting stud that was on my top from the factory. My guess is they added the new stud to the unlimited also and tuffy used the hole for a bolt location.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

duktrx

On the interior in the back, the only difference I remember is the sub. When did the sub move from the wheel well to the floor?
I have a 2009 and a Tuffy deck, the passenger side panel has an annoying cutout for the sub.
I imagine you could get it to work, drill and add rivnuts for missing mounting points, I replaced the well nuts with rivnuts anyway. The well nuts that came with the deck are the weak link, the constant vibration from driving caused mine to tear and then the rattles kept increasing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

On the interior in the back, the only difference I remember is the sub. When did the sub move from the wheel well to the floor?
I have a 2009 and a Tuffy deck, the passenger side panel has an annoying cutout for the sub.
I imagine you could get it to work, drill and add rivnuts for missing mounting points, I replaced the well nuts with rivnuts anyway. The well nuts that came with the deck are the weak link, the constant vibration from driving caused mine to tear and then the rattles kept increasing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’m not sure but I have the subwoofer that’s not under the panel so I think it would work. Now I’m just debating if I should buy it for $80 or just keep using my one I made out of plywood....

Top Bottom