2020 Jeep JL Updates Confirmed

longarmwj

One of my old coworkers at the dealership just told me what to expect for the 2020 JL/JLU, and sent me some cool pics. Figured I would post them up here.

-A new color will be added around December called Sarge. I'm hoping it will be an OD Green! There is nothing in writing about this, but he said he's heard it from multiple people.

-The 3.0 Diesel WILL be coming

-Auto Highbeam will be an option

-A new 3.6 BSG and 2.0 ESS will be available on Sport and Sahara. Not sure what that means honestly

-LED lighting group is now available on Sport S

-Heritage tan interior will be replaced with a color called Dark Saddle

-eTorque will be available on the 3.6, but is going away from the 2.0

-A "Black & Tan" edition will be coming

JL1.jpg
JL2.jpg
JL3.jpg
JL4.jpg
JL5.jpg
JL6.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I hope e-torque is not standard on the 3.6 L. 13geckorubi, still says the diesel is coming in 2019, but I guess that could mean on the 2020 models.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Napalm

Hmm... interesting that they are moving the etorque to the 3.6. I’m also curious if it will be standard. If so, I am glad I bought a 2019 without it!

Ddays

Hooked
What is e-torque?

Mild hybrid. It has the generator in place of the alternator and a battery beside the gas tank.

Edit: Frankly it's why I ordered the 3.6. If the 2.0T was available less the e-torque bullshit I would have strongly considered it because of the increased mileage.

Last edited:

TLife

Mild hybrid. It has the generator in place of the alternator and a battery beside the gas tank.

Edit: Frankly it's why I ordered the 3.6. If the 2.0T was available less the e-torque bullshit I would have strongly considered it because of the increased mileage.

Looking at the OP’s photos it seems like the 2.0 will be without e-torque on the Rubicon in 2020. If that’s true it seems like a surprising development.

Napalm

Agreed!! And if I am correct, isn’t part of the system on the bottom of the Jeep?! Where it could be susceptible to all sorts of things out on the trail?

Ddays

Hooked
Looking at the OP’s photos it seems like the 2.0 will be without e-torque on the Rubicon in 2020. If that’s true it seems like a surprising development.

For sure. Honestly I think it's why people were turned off of the 2.0t. I got a survey and an email asking why I ordered the 3.6 from the factory instead of buying the 2.0t in off the lot in December. There were no 3.6's available in my tri-state area. I think now they're switching the e-torque onto the 3.6 to try and capture back some CAFE mileage numbers.

Be nice if Gecko chimed in - he's the authority on this stuff

Ddays

Hooked
Agreed!! And if I am correct, isn’t part of the system on the bottom of the Jeep?! Where it could be susceptible to all sorts of things out on the trail?

Yup - exactly. Although Mel's running the 2.0t on their RWB '19 with the coilovers and he's not exactly easy on stuff....

notnalc68

Yup - exactly. Although Mel's running the 2.0t on their RWB '19 with the coilovers and he's not exactly easy on stuff....

I consider it something else to cause a lot of expense, down the road. Like if it gets old and starts to fail. Just another complication I can live without.

UH60DRIVER

Diesel option? In the one picture it says it will be available but on the power train option pics there isn’t an option. I contacted a salesman to order a 2020 and he said the diesel is not an option. I’m trying to hold out as it’s 100% the engine option I want. Wish there was more solid info.

notnalc68

Diesel option? In the one picture it says it will be available but on the power train option pics there isn’t an option. I contacted a salesman to order a 2020 and he said the diesel is not an option. I’m trying to hold out as it’s 100% the engine option I want. Wish there was more solid info.

I’m pretty confident you will see a diesel option, this year.

Lesterms

It has been a few months - Any update on the diesel option?

That might be enough to make me trade my 2015 2 dr Rubicon. thanks

Top Bottom