EVO Enforce 3" stage 1

Mafun

HiGuys,

i'm new in the 4x4 world so i would like an advice respect the suspension.
I bought last year a 2013 rubicon know. i'm thinking of a suspension upgrade and i have in mind the evo enforcer 3" stage 1 but, i would like to avoid in the short time modifications like change the driveshaft.

So my questions is: is it nessesary to change the driveshaft or do any other modification if i go with this kit?

Braxtonsag

You don’t HAVE to, but the front driveshaft could potentially make contact with the exhaust crossover pipe. I wouldn’t worry about it unless you plan on taking it on very uneven terrain. I just now changed mine after 1.5 years

What do you plan on doing with it? How large of tires do you want? I only wanted to run 35s for the next couple of years so I went with the Rancho Sport coil lift paired with the 9000 shocks. This netted me about 2.25 inches of lift with steel bumpers. I added front track bar and rear bracket as well. I have had it for almost two years and have no drive shaft issues.

HiGuys,

i'm new in the 4x4 world so i would like an advice respect the suspension.
I bought last year a 2013 rubicon know. i'm thinking of a suspension upgrade and i have in mind the evo enforcer 3" stage 1 but, i would like to avoid in the short time modifications like change the driveshaft.

So my questions is: is it nessesary to change the driveshaft or do any other modification if i go with this kit?

desertrunner

As mentioned above what's the end goal for tire size and how your going to use it? You may be able to go lower and have less modifications to do.

If you are going to go 3" enforcer personally IMO I would go with the stage 2 with the drag link flip as I think it will have all the components you might wish you had or end up adding later to the standard stage 1.

I just finally got through piece by piece individually adding suspension and steering components to my current build 1 at a time as I needed and I ended up with pretty much everything in the stage 2 with the DL flip and if I were to start all over new with a kit, that's the one I would buy.

In regards to the front drive shaft, on my old 08 4DR I ran a rock krawler 3.5" lift and my stock front DS lasted maybe 6 months before the boot was toast and I swapped it out. Its really not that hard of an install and if you are doing the lift yourself you can definitely swap a drive shaft. If cost is the issue then yeah can't help ya at 3+" of lift it's a matter of when not if for the front drive shaft boot. I would say if you don't offroad you'll be fine but mine finally ate itself hitting a dip on the freeway....

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
I just installed the 3" Enforcer stage 2 w/ draglink flip... and a new front driveshaft. I feel the flip and driveshaft need to be done or you will just have problems.

Mafun

Well, i would like to run 35's

My objective with the truck is to do overland through southamericana, (i'm in Chile). After the suspension i will save money for the rooftop tent and them i'll go for the tires.

Something important for me is the quality ride for the long distances.

what i worry about the driveshaft is that in my country this kind of modification is not common so could be a risk.

TheGrendel

Well, i would like to run 35's

My objective with the truck is to do overland through southamericana, (i'm in Chile). After the suspension i will save money for the rooftop tent and them i'll go for the tires.

Something important for me is the quality ride for the long distances.

what i worry about the driveshaft is that in my country this kind of modification is not common so could be a risk.

so, with the additional info about the rooftop tent, i'm not sure i would recommend Evo springs. they tend to be on the softer side. if nothing else, you'll need some spacer pucks in back to keep from sagging.

Mafun

Ok guys thanks for your advice,
I will try to test ranch and OME to make a decision.

Last edited:

jorgelrod

Hooked
If you go beyond 3" your Factory front driveshaft will fail eventually, it is recommended that you change it to a double cardan style if you can.

Top Bottom