LOD - What's Going On? After-Purchase Support is Seriously Lacking

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Greetings,

Does anyone know if there're problems a'foot, at LOD?

Back in May, I reached out asking about product availability for a last-minute purchase. They were great. Prompt response. Got the product shipped to me earlier than their already aggressive time table. Just in time for me to install then head down the road for my trip. Great service. Greatly appreciated.

However, the only receipt/invoice I received from them, was a half-page scan (below). While odd--I immediately requested a good copy--I didn't worry too much because I expected a copy may ship with the product. I need one for my records, especially if I ever need to file an insurance claim.

Since purchasing, I have sent 3 email requesting a copy and made numerous phone calls. I have only been met with 'vmail box is full, please try again later,' endless ringing, or, once, the ability to leave a message. I have never gotten a response or acknowledgement of any kind.

The last time I experienced this sort of thing (great service, until they got my money), it was with a great looking company that, only later, I discovered was about to go out of business. So, thought I'd ask: Does anyone know if there's something going on at LOD? I've been planning on buying bumpers from them. That's highly unlikely at the moment. After all, their bumpers aren't exactly $300 wonders.

?

LOD Receipt.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
I'm not sure. The couple of times I've called and e-mailed them I received a prompt response and great customer service. I hope they aren't closing up shop as I know I'll need a new tire carrier latch and I should order a new carrier pin bumper bracket or what ever it's called. I broke it by not latching the carrier and it swung open while driving.

WJCO

Meme King
Not sure. But didn't you get an order confirmation by email initially or something like that?

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Not sure. But didn't you get an order confirmation by email initially or something like that?

The image included, the sales order/quote, is the -only- document formally received from LOD.

Checking email today, I am pleased to see they sent me a receipt with return receipt requested. I expect posting here is what finally drove a response.

Unfortunately, after having to chase LOD for nearly 2 months to get a proper copy of a receipt, the lack of return email, messages, and routinely full vmail boxes, has caused me to seriously reconsider future purchases. It does not inspire confidence.

RCVRY

The image included, the sales order/quote, is the -only- document formally received from LOD.

Checking email today, I am pleased to see they sent me a receipt with return receipt requested. I expect posting here is what finally drove a response.

Unfortunately, after having to chase LOD for nearly 2 months to get a proper copy of a receipt, the lack of return email, messages, and routinely full vmail boxes, has caused me to seriously reconsider future purchases. It does not inspire confidence.

LoD is a small company and it’s possible someone was on vacation or even maternity leave. Or, perhaps they experienced turn-over and haven’t been able to replace the person that provided exceptional customer service that got them where they are.
Either way it’s important you let them know so they understand the issues you experienced and hopefully are able to redirect in the future.
Can you guys imagine what happens with Bubba’s business if he went on “vacation” for two weeks?
There’s no such thing.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Either way it’s important you let them know so they understand the issues you experienced and hopefully are able to redirect in the future.

Can you guys imagine what happens with Bubba’s business if he went on “vacation” for two weeks?
There’s no such thing.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have. The response was, "We just emailed you the paid invoice," Yes, after 50 days :). I replied further and offered to talk by phone. I like their product. I'd like to consider buying more. But if I have to wait 50 days for -any- form of follow-up, after numerous calls/email, there needs to be a good story why.

As for vacation, I can empathize given my side business as a photographer, it's a real issue this time of year for me. Being unavailable for a few days, business or pleasure, reason doesn't matter, can be problematic. It's tough when 'you' are your business.

Cheers

Top Bottom