LAUNCH EDITION Gladiator - 3 Months and STILL WAITING on Peterson Jeep in Idaho

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As I'm sure most of you know, there was never any question that Cindy and I would buy an all new Jeep Gladiator. It literally is a truck that we've been wanting ever since Jeep stopped making trucks and every time Jeep teased us with a concept, we always said we would buy it if it ever got made. Well, here it is at long last and as if you can believe it, we STILL don't have ours.

Hoping to be one of the first to get their hands on a Gladiator, I tried talking to all the right people I knew and was even able to get a list of ones that were built and being shipped to dealerships all around the country and very early on. Unfortunately, most were already sold or were being marked up $10k or more over MSRP. Needless to say, we decided to do the next best thing and that was to order a Launch Edition Gladiator - you know, because they would be made first, right? WRONG! In spite of the fact that every single one of the 4,019 Launch Edition Gladiators being made were sold on 04/04/19, ours is still nowhere to be seen. Yup, it's literally been over 3 months now and I still can't get any confirmation as to when we might get ours. We've been trying to be patient and understanding but honestly, the whole thing really sucks. Had I known the "Launch Edition" was just marketing and NOT actually the first Gladiators being made as their special name implies, I would have just ordered up a Sport like we had originally planned. I won't lie, I'm actually really pretty disappointed in Jeep for not making this more clear.

I was really hoping that the first official post I made about our Gladiator would be one with pics of it in our driveway and with keys in hand. Being that I can't get anyone to tell me when it'll come in, it's starting to look more and more like it'll be sometime next year before we see it.

Guess for now, our Gladiator continues to remain elusive unicorn. :rolleyes2:
error-404-found-glitch-effect_8024-4.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As I'm sure most of you know, there was never any question that Cindy and I would buy an all new Jeep Gladiator. It literally is a truck that we've been wanting ever since Jeep stopped making trucks and every time Jeep teased us with a concept, we always said we would buy it if it ever got made. Well, here it is at long last and as if you can believe it, we STILL don't have ours.

Hoping to be one of the first to get their hands on a Gladiator, I tried talking to all the right people I knew and was even able to get a list of ones that were built and being shipped to dealerships all around the country and very early on. Unfortunately, most were already sold or were being marked up $10k or more over MSRP. Needless to say, we decided to do the next best thing and that was to order a Launch Edition Gladiator - you know, because they would be made first, right? WRONG! In spite of the fact that every single one of the 4,019 Launch Edition Gladiators being made were sold on 04/04/19, ours is still nowhere to be seen. Yup, it's literally been over 3 months now and I still can't get any confirmation as to when we might get ours. We've been trying to be patient and understanding but honestly, the whole thing really sucks. Had I known the "Launch Edition" was just marketing and NOT actually the first Gladiators being made as their special name implies, I would have just ordered up a Sport like we had originally planned. I won't lie, I'm actually really pretty disappointed in Jeep for not making this more clear.

I was really hoping that the first official post I made about our Gladiator would be one with pics of it in our driveway and with keys in hand. Being that I can't get anyone to tell me when it'll come in, it's starting to look more and more like it'll be sometime next year before we see it.

Guess for now, our Gladiator continues to remain elusive unicorn. :rolleyes2:
View attachment 330483

That’s a load of shit! It would be nice if you could cancel your order at this rate and just buy a sport from your dealer and get it over with.

Brute

Hooked
yes...this sucks. I don't know a single person who is more enamored with the Jeep brand than you two...Jeep is definitely doing you guys wrong...

WJCO

Meme King
Sorry to hear this. It really sucks the way Jeep did a 'bait and switch' with the Launch Editions.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s a load of shit! It would be nice if you could cancel your order at this rate and just buy a sport from your dealer and get it over with.

We put a deposit at a dealership in Idaho. I asked if they had anything else coming in that we could buy instead but was told that our LE was ahead of anything else they had coming. I keep looking at my local dealership and anything closer but either they don't have anything or don't have one in white like what we want. :rolleyes2:

yes...this sucks. I don't know a single person who is more enamored with the Jeep brand than you two...Jeep is definitely doing you guys wrong...

Clearly, I don't know the right people at Jeep or maybe more importantly, they couldn't give a shit as to who I am :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If anything you guys getting one first would sell more!!

I have a feeling they aren't having problems selling Gladiators. Certainly, some of the mark ups I've seen would indicate they can't keep them on the lots.

That really sucks

I suppose I should be used to this by now. Took almost 4 months to get our JL that we ordered right when the books opened up and our JK before took over 6 months. :rolleyes2:

Sorry to hear this. It really sucks the way Jeep did a 'bait and switch' with the Launch Editions.

I guess they never said they would be the first to be made first but then, they never said they wouldn't be. If they had just called it a "Special Edition", I might be more understanding but the "Launch" part and how they hyped it up sure made it sound like people who paid the premium for them would be getting them first. I dunno, maybe I'm just being a bitch because my patience has worn out.

longarmwj

I think you need to name the Gladiator Brian when you get it, after Brian Wilson and his Beach Boys song, "I'm Waiting for the Day"

To me the word “launch” sums it up pretty good that these would be the first to hit the ground. And yet that’s clearly not the case. Jeep fucked up here. And I have a feeling they are gonna catch some shit for a long time as a result. Not cool.

Bear_JT

Hooked
That’s really sucks! My local dealership has a white Rubicon, and white sport in stock but they’re marked up 5k. I know it’s not easy to wait, I’d be pissed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
That Blows.... Dynatrac has a spare bed lying around... You could probably buy another JL and build one faster than Jeep can fulfill your order.

jeeeep

Hooked
that's jacked, why call it a "Launch" Edition ...seems they need to rename "Failed to Launch" Edition.

Seems Jeep would've gone out of their way to make the Launch a bigger deal for the premium they charged.

I've seen several JT's on the road and local dealerships seem to have plenty on the lot.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think you need to name the Gladiator Brian when you get it, after Brian Wilson and his Beach Boys song, "I'm Waiting for the Day"

LOL - that's pretty funny.

To me the word “launch” sums it up pretty good that these would be the first to hit the ground. And yet that’s clearly not the case. Jeep fucked up here. And I have a feeling they are gonna catch some shit for a long time as a result. Not cool.

I dunno, I think people just want these so bad that nobody will give them grief for the false advertising. I'm just kind of pissed because it's not even something I was planning on buying. I specifically ordered one with the impression that I would get it sooner. So much for that. :rolleyes2:

That’s really sucks! My local dealership has a white Rubicon, and white sport in stock but they’re marked up 5k. I know it’s not easy to wait, I’d be pissed.

Yeah, there was one down in Vegas that the dealership hounded me on for a long time. I was tempted but couldn't justify the mark up.

Jaybird 11

Caught the Bug
It would have been smart of them to get you one first. They get alot of free advertising from you. But like you said they must not be having trouble selling them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That Blows.... Dynatrac has a spare bed lying around... You could probably buy another JL and build one faster than Jeep can fulfill your order.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

My how things have changed in 2019, the word launch doesn't even mean launch anymore! Hopefully you guys get it soon!

Maybe they meant to call it "lunch" edition as in, everyone went out to lunch instead of making Gladiators. :rolleyes2:

that's jacked, why call it a "Launch" Edition ...seems they need to rename "Failed to Launch" Edition.

Seems Jeep would've gone out of their way to make the Launch a bigger deal for the premium they charged.

I've seen several JT's on the road and local dealerships seem to have plenty on the lot.

They sure got me with it being called "launch". Great marketing on their behalf and I'm sure it's what helped to get every single one sold in just one day. Maybe the 419 actually stands for how many days it takes to make one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It would have been smart of them to get you one first. They get alot of free advertising from you. But like you said they must not be having trouble selling them.

I appreciate your vote of confidence in us but I'm not deluded enough to think that anyone at Jeep even knows who I am. At least, people outside of engineering anyway.

longarmwj

Better yet name your JT Apollo after Apollo 1 failed to launch into orbit

Exodus 4x4

Yeah man, I say this was a pretty shitty thing to do on Jeeps part. I also can’t believe there isn’t a sport available locally you could pick up. The dealers around us haven’t been marking them up (so far as I know) and seem to have a consistent delivery. I haven’t spent much time looking at the Rubicons but honestly, I don’t see too much about them I’d deem special enough to go through this.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom