Dumb question

Jordanjeep

It was bad weather last night and I was in 4h. Leaving today on dry pavement I forgot I was still in 4h and when I tight turned it wobbled of course, twice before I got in back in 2wd.

Any concern to the Jeep do I need to have it checked or is it more durable than that in situations like-these.

Thanks

Jordan

Bear_JT

Hooked
You should be fine. The wobble you felt was most likely bump steer. I’d listen to how it sounds while you drive for a few miles, if you don’t hear anything abnormal you should be good. On another note, how bad was the weather that you needed 4H?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
It was bad weather last night and I was in 4h. Leaving today on dry pavement I forgot I was still in 4h and when I tight turned it wobbled of course, twice before I got in back in 2wd.

Any concern to the Jeep do I need to have it checked or is it more durable than that in situations like-these.

Thanks

Jordan

Agree with above, but I would add to take a good look at the ujoints and give them a good shake to see if there’s any play.

Jordanjeep

2 foot flash floods and flooding. Haha. Took it no problem never thought I would go through that high I’d water in roads. Now it’s my truck natively in 2 wheel drive all the time? I don’t have 4 auto. So if I need to drive on snow on the highway or side streets I would go 4h or still keep it 2h unless Its like 3 feet of snow?

RCVRY

2 foot flash floods and flooding. Haha. Took it no problem never thought I would go through that high I’d water in roads. Now it’s my truck natively in 2 wheel drive all the time? I don’t have 4 auto. So if I need to drive on snow on the highway or side streets I would go 4h or still keep it 2h unless Its like 3 feet of snow?

Please repeat the question, and type slow so we understand.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

I go 4h on pavement when there snow and I’m losing traction, but watch the road when you do, you don’t want to go around a corner that’s dry and still be in 4. Also, don’t go hauling ass down the hwy in 4.

Top Bottom