Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front prorock 60 clearance issue

Front prorock 60 clearance issue

Hey guys,

So i recently came to the discovery that my frame side track bar bracket is hitting the front corner of the driver side coil bracket on my pr60. And actually bent the back half of the track bar bracket. I cant get a picture right now but hopefully you can imagine what im talking about. I'm assuming I can correct this by just moving the axle back a little bit? Or have others encountered this and had to trim anything? Thanks as always.

Front prorock 60 clearance issue

My Fusion d60 had the same problem, I just trimmed the corner off of the spring perch. 3” bump stops on mine. Seems like most running 4” bumps might not have that problem.

I guess you could adjust it out via track bar and/or control arms. Mine barely touched on the corner and I had everything centered and set so I just cut the corner off. Maybe like 1/4 inch or less.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by A.J.; 07-09-2019 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    My Fusion d60 had the same problem, I just trimmed the corner off of the spring perch. 3” bump stops on mine. Seems like most running 4” bumps might not have that problem.

I guess you could adjust it out via track bar and/or control arms. Mine barely touched on the corner and I had everything centered and set so I just cut the corner off. Maybe like 1/4 inch or less.

Ok cool thanks for the response. I figured i prolly have to cut it. I had 2 pucks in, just put a 3rd in to see if it would help and it may have. Only seems to happen if im going a little to fast and hit a bump.

Ok cool thanks for the response. I had 2 pucks in and just put a 3rd in before my trip this past weekend. Seemed to help a little maybe but will still have to trim i think.

IMG_0550.jpg

For reference.

IMG_0550.jpg

For reference.

I had to go out and check mine, and it had been rubbing just slightly in that same location. Sawzall time!
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    I had to go out and check mine, and it had been rubbing just slightly in that same location. Sawzall time!
    Made you look!

Made you look!

Learn something new every day. Not sure how I missed it. It just barely scraped it enough to where I could feel the back side of the bracket had been worn away.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Learn something new every day. Not sure how I missed it. It just barely scraped it enough to where I could feel the back side of the bracket had been worn away.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep Scrambler
    Mine feels like I'm bottoming out hard everytime, so wasn't hard to miss lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fury22 View Post
    Mine feels like I'm bottoming out hard everytime, so wasn't hard to miss lol
    Check the passenger side track bar to frame also. Two pucks is pretty short. Might have been hitting there too. I also found out the hard way that not all aftermarket track bars clear the sector shaft nut on the big bore steering box. Synergy's does though if anyone needs to know that.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast