Door hinge dirt spay

medbender

Hear, hear, new to the JL but far from new to the jk. Just took time to mod the power wagon a bit till I missed jeepin. Nice ride in comparison; but my question is has anyone had issues with spray from the bfg’s severe enough to pepper the door hinges and ridges of the door? If so, did the dealer repaint? What was done to teamed the problem? I know folded rock rails will likely fix it. I shouldn’t have to put $2k in the rock rail of my choice:brows: IMO

Attachments

• A4D48657-ACB6-4B32-8E28-11576629727B.jpg
    A4D48657-ACB6-4B32-8E28-11576629727B.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 146

WJCO

Meme King
Hear, hear, new to the JL but far from new to the jk. Just took time to mod the power wagon a bit till I missed jeepin. Nice ride in comparison; but my question is has anyone had issues with spray from the bfg’s severe enough to pepper the door hinges and ridges of the door? If so, did the dealer repaint? What was done to teamed the problem? I know folded rock rails will likely fix it. I shouldn’t have to put $2k in the rock rail of my choice:brows: IMO

A member on JLWrangler.com put some clear 3m tape on his. I know there's another thread about it as well but I can't find it.

https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.php?757-Protect-your-hinges-for-less-than-35

medbender

I guess my question is more so should I attempt to have the dealership repair damage to a bone stock rubicon that is one week old. My opinion is the cause is a design flaw be it tires used or lack of a dirt flap (I,d of probably yanked off day one if it had). Taping or adding a step would prevent further damage but a brand new Jeep shouldn’t be damaged by normal use. Looks like it’s a trip to the dealer to find out

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I guess my question is more so should I attempt to have the dealership repair damage to a bone stock rubicon that is one week old. My opinion is the cause is a design flaw be it tires used or lack of a dirt flap (I,d of probably yanked off day one if it had). Taping or adding a step would prevent further damage but a brand new Jeep shouldn’t be damaged by normal use. Looks like it’s a trip to the dealer to find out

Lol. I’ve had three JKUR’s and every one had chips on the hinges. If you don’t like the “design flaw”, don’t buy a Jeep that has removable doors.

FYI- the windshields get chipped often so be prepared.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

You should sell it and buy a car. Would fit you better.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Moochie

That paint looks very thin. My Jeep has about 160,000 miles on it and my hinges look better than these.

medbender

Lol. I’ve had three JKUR’s and every one had chips on the hinges. If you don’t like the “design flaw”, don’t buy a Jeep that has removable doors.

FYI- the windshields get chipped often so be prepared.

You should sell it and buy a car. Would fit you better.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you never took your vehicle to the dealer regarding repair warranty then the question wasn’t for you. It’s nobobys business where I drive my Jeep or why I bought a Jeep. Theses are the responses that you wouldn’t say to my face so why post them? If I came here for drama I’d just tune into the kardashians lol. I’ve got more off road, backpacking and expedition experience then more then half the people on this forum. It’s too bad people cant be more humble.

Moochie

If you never took your vehicle to the dealer regarding repair warranty then the question wasn’t for you. It’s nobobys business where I drive my Jeep or why I bought a Jeep. Theses are the responses that you wouldn’t say to my face so why post them? If I came here for drama I’d just tune into the kardashians lol. I’ve got more off road, backpacking and expedition experience then more then half the people on this forum. It’s too bad people cant be more humble.

Remember the Monache Meadows drum circle. Good memories! Long time no see. [emoji112]

medbender

Remember the Monache Meadows drum circle. Good memories! Long time no see. [emoji112]

I sure do. ...and ribs on the fire. Good times. Hope all has been well. PM me if you ever wanna wheel in the Johnson valley or San Bernardino mountain area. That’s all my back yard and I still have drums and a fire pit lol

jesse3638

Hooked
If you want to take it to the dealer to see if they warranty it more power to you. I doubt they will though. It's the nature of the beast.

Also I wouldn't say anything on here that I wouldn't say to anyone's face. Same goes for most on here. As mentioned stick around and you'll see that.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Moochie

If my hinges and body paint looked like this after only 1 week of driving a brand new Jeep on the highway, I would be back at the dealership asking questions.

Top Bottom