Synergy vs Rancho track bar

bigmase33

WAYALIFE,

I plan on buying an adjustable front track bar and I am on the fence between synergy and Rancho. I am about 1.5 inches shifted to passenger. Both options look very similar and have the same diameter and the bushings look compareable. Synergy is a little more expensive so I’m not sure if it’s worth paying the extra coin for it. Plus it looks like Eddie has had good success with Ranchos track bars on his JL. What would you guys pick between the two?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

WAYALIFE,

I plan on buying an adjustable front track bar and I am on the fence between synergy and Rancho. I am about 1.5 inches shifted to passenger. Both options look very similar and have the same diameter and the bushings look compareable. Synergy is a little more expensive so I’m not sure if it’s worth paying the extra coin for it. Plus it looks like Eddie has had good success with Ranchos track bars on his JL. What would you guys pick between the two?

how much lift do you have? do you have a raised trackbar bracket? drag link flip?

64fabius

In my opinion, actually the ultimate choice for JL is: Steer Smarts Yeti fully adjiustable front track bar with Pro series polyurethane bushing inserts.

Whitarmy

I went the synergy route and love it. Mainly cause I wanted the grey to match the drag link, tie rod and sector shaft bracket I have.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

bigmase33

In my opinion, actually the ultimate choice for JL is: Steer Smarts Yeti fully adjiustable front track bar with Pro series polyurethane bushing inserts.

I have a jk hence why I’m pretty sure I posted this in the jk section. Also I’ll never buy any steer smarts products. The board has taught me it’s not a...smart buy.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I just installed a Synergy track bar... I really didn’t want to pay the extra money for being able to adjust the length without removing it. I like the simplicity of the Rancho... and it is kinda of a set it and forget part. But the Synergy seems solid. Haven’t wheeled with it much yet though.

Whitarmy

I’m sure that looks awesome, do you have any pictures? Their tie rod will be a future purchase for sure!

IMG_0092.jpg

It’s hard to get a good pic here at work with the curb and all. The track bar is hiding back there. Lol. I’ll try to get a better one when I get home

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

desertrunner

Surprised you shifted that much at 2 inches.

Synergy or Clayton are good choices.
I'm a little confused as well. Are you sure it's out 1.5" to the passenger side? That would indicate your trackbar is too long.... if anything it should be out to the driver side. Stock track bar stock location on 2" of lift really shouldn't be off by that much. Not saying you're wrong just saying I was running at 3" of lift stock track bar in the stock location and I was off by less than an inch and ran it as is

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
I'm a little confused as well. Are you sure it's out 1.5" to the passenger side? That would indicate your trackbar is too long.... if anything it should be out to the driver side. Stock track bar stock location on 2" of lift really shouldn't be off by that much. Not saying you're wrong just saying I was running at 3" of lift stock track bar in the stock location and I was off by less than an inch and ran it as is

Is this a two door or four door?

bigmase33

I’ll measure again tommorow, I’ve done it a few times on different spots on the drive way. Also just thought about it I do have trimmed stock fenders so their could be some inaccuracies with that. I measured from the outside of the tire with a straight edge to the edge of the fender flare. I’ll pick a different spot tommorow. I’d like to take pictures but it’ll be a tough one man job.

desertrunner

I’ll measure again tommorow, I’ve done it a few times on different spots on the drive way. Also just thought about it I do have trimmed stock fenders so their could be some inaccuracies with that. I measured from the outside of the tire with a straight edge to the edge of the fender flare. I’ll pick a different spot tommorow. I’d like to take pictures but it’ll be a tough one man job.

Yeah measurements off the fender may not be the most accurate. The way I do it normally is put a 2x4 against my tire and then measure off of the frame to the 2x4 on the outside edge of the tire.

bigmase33

Yeah measurements off the fender may not be the most accurate. The way I do it normally is put a 2x4 against my tire and then measure off of the frame to the 2x4 on the outside edge of the tire.

I tried this technique on a different surface and I’m actually a half inch shifted toward driver. Seems more realistic with my lift, my first few times were probably just a rookie mistake. Thanks for the help as always!

Top Bottom