PREVIEW VIDEO - BUST : An Epic Adventure Across the California Emigrant Trail

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
PLEASE DO NOT POST SPOILERS
For those of you who are familiar with this trip, Cindy and I would be grateful if you please refrain from posting ANYTHING in regards to it. Thank you.

It's hard to imagine but, up until the 1830's, there were only a handful of people in America who had successfully traveled to California and across what was then only known as, the Great American Desert. Most of these people were trappers, traders and missionaries and it wouldn't be until the 1840's that a more defined route was established by early settlers and given the name, The California Trail. Thanks to the discovery of Gold in 1848, there would ultimately be tens of thousands of people who would make the arduous four month journey, one that started along the banks of the Missouri River and ultimately ended in the goldfields of California. Along the way, they would cover over 2,000 miles, cross deep rivers, tall mountains and an unforgiving desert and all at a time when there were no roads, no stores, no hospitals, no laws and no second chances.

For years, Cindy and I had been wondering if it was possible to retrace the California Trail from beginning to end, as closely as possible to the original route and as much as possible, all on dirt. Along the way, we would make stops at historical sites, see deep ruts carved into the hillsides from the thousands of wagons that passed through before us and follow geological landmarks that early pioneers used to guide their way. After two years of extensive research, careful planning and plotting a viable route, we finally set off to make that trek.

Starting Wednesday, July 17th, we'll be releasing the first episode of an all new 4 part series that highlights the 15 friends in 8 other Jeeps that joined us on our epic 2,000 mile adventure. And, in this short preview, will give you a taste of what you can expect to see. We hope you enjoy it and will tune in again to watch the whole series.

To our good friends Tony, Stephanie, Tina, Carl, Toni, Et, Joe, Don, Lori, Ray, Kevin, Tom, Susan, Ken and Doug for joining us on this epic adventure! We love you guys :cool:

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you like what you see and haven't done so already, please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel by clicking the link below:
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

WIN a Pair of NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you'd like a chance at WINNING a pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses, all you have to do take a guess as to how long episode 1 will be and post up your answer here. The person who gets the closest will WIN. Good luck to you!

IMG_3903.jpg

UPDATE : The official time of Episode 1 is 15:37
CONGRATULATIONS jjlong!!

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I can tell already, this is gonna be EPIC and I think 18:55 will cover the first episode. Hurry up July 17th.

Hey Eddie,

This looks like an epic trip, where do you find these trails? I reason why I ask, I have a group on Facebook - *************. We basically travel through the backcountry just like you, looking at cool landscape, mines and cabins.

I'd be interested in picking your brain on some of your adventure.

Have you done the Pony Express and Fort Churchill?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom