Kings 2.5 bypass shocks Jeep jk stock bolt in

joela

I currently have 2.5 bolt in bypass shocks in my jk and it is such a harsh ride does any one have experience with these shocks and what coils do you run with them any help info would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mattfl

I currently have 2.5 bolt in bypass shocks in my jk and it is such a harsh ride does any one have experience with these shocks and what coils do you run with them any help info would be awesome

I run these, on their stiffest settings with 4" evo plush coils and LOVE the ride.

Ddays

Hooked
Are you running reservoir shocks or the true bypass shocks, like the Double Throwdown/Evolever system?
I've had my King reservoir shocks on for a couple years and while the ride is firm, I wouldn't consider it harsh.

YDAJC

Not aware of a 2.5 King Coil-over bolt on kit. or bolt in By pass set up but I could be wrong. Little more information would be helpful. Are you running Coilovers and Bypass shocks? Are they valved for your rigs weight? what company supplied them?

In my build I started looking at IBP king shocks, but due to initial specs for mounting the IBP would not function correctly. For your set up how is it set up? a by pass shock needs to be tuned. A coil over shock needs to be tuned. Spring rates need to be calculated.
On my heavy JKURR I run a 2.0 King Coil over with 300/250 springs in the rear and 300/225 in the front. On street the compression adjust is set at 5 (scale of 1-20) no load off road it is set at 12 and combat load out set to 20. Road manners are amazing. Trail performance is top notch.

there are calculators that will help with set up and spring rates but you will need to know some information up front. Weight of the vehicle. This can be determined if you already have precision springs by measuring the delta between full extension and ride height. This will give you the weight on that corner. From there you can tune the system you have.

joela

Hey it’s just the oem bolt in bypass to replace my shocks that just runs next to a coil . They where bought from kings shocks Australia. But they don’t deal with jeeps a lot it is an out casted vehicle down here . They are only running 8 stacks on compression so the softest stack kings do . When adjusting bypass tubes from closed to open it does nothing to ride so that indicates the coils rates are to hard next to a big shock I’m currently around 1380lbs sprung weight per corner . My coils rates that are in it at this point of time are
180lbs per inc in the front and 235lbs in the rear

Now I have herd that that the plush rides are not fare off factory rates but tweaked to give ride height an so on . I feel next to a massive shock on a smaller vehicle the springs need to be softer am I on the right path ?

joela

Not aware of a 2.5 King Coil-over bolt on kit. or bolt in By pass set up but I could be wrong. Little more information would be helpful. Are you running Coilovers and Bypass shocks? Are they valved for your rigs weight? what company supplied them?

In my build I started looking at IBP king shocks, but due to initial specs for mounting the IBP would not function correctly. For your set up how is it set up? a by pass shock needs to be tuned. A coil over shock needs to be tuned. Spring rates need to be calculated.
On my heavy JKURR I run a 2.0 King Coil over with 300/250 springs in the rear and 300/225 in the front. On street the compression adjust is set at 5 (scale of 1-20) no load off road it is set at 12 and combat load out set to 20. Road manners are amazing. Trail performance is top notch.

there are calculators that will help with set up and spring rates but you will need to know some information up front. Weight of the vehicle. This can be determined if you already have precision springs by measuring the delta between full extension and ride height. This will give you the weight on that corner. From there you can tune the system you have.

Hey it’s just the oem bolt in bypass to replace my shocks that just runs next to a coil . They where bought from kings shocks Australia. But they don’t deal with jeeps a lot it is an out casted vehicle down here . They are only running 8 stacks on compression so the softest stack kings do . When adjusting bypass tubes from closed to open it does nothing to ride so that indicates the coils rates are to hard next to a big shock I’m currently around 1380lbs sprung weight per corner . My coils rates that are in it at this point of time are
180lbs per inc in the front and 235lbs in the rear

Now I have herd that that the plush rides are not fare off factory rates but tweaked to give ride height an so on . I feel next to a massive shock on a smaller vehicle the springs need to be softer am I on the right path ?

Top Bottom