Hawse versus Roller Fairlead

Which is the best?

• Fairleads are for prettyboys

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ScoobyCarolanNC

Hey Y'all! Searched here & JLWrangler, but figured I'd ask here to get a wider bunch of answers. Hawse Fairleads versus Rollers: Which is better at what? Pros & Cons? Can you even use a hawse with a steel cable (some people say no)? Rollers look like they'd rust out and need to be maintained, is that true?

Braxtonsag

i have a steel warn hawse fairlead for my cable. there's really no point in running rollers at this point in my opinion. From what iv seen they damage easily and seem to be inferior. If you're going hawse with steel cable you need to make sure you buy steel NOT aluminum.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Here's a thread that has some info: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/12351-Newbie-bumper-winch-question

Me personally, I wanted synthetic and it came with the hawse style fairlead and has worked fine. Used many times.

Thanks bud! Do you think synthetic is worth the coin if I’m not using it that much?

i have a steel warn hawse fairlead for my cable. there's really no point in running rollers at this point in my opinion. From what iv seen they damage easily and seem to be inferior. If you're going hawse with steel cable you need to make sure you buy steel NOT aluminum.

I’m thinking of going with cable to save some coin & didn’t think you could run a hawse.

The rollers won’t rust or seize unless you’re really rough on them. Usually it’s rollers with wire cable and hawse with synthetic.

Good to know!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Thanks bud! Do you think synthetic is worth the coin if I’m not using it that much?

I’m thinking of going with cable to save some coin & didn’t think you could run a hawse.

Warn says on their website that the cast iron hawse is good for steel cable or synthetic.

WJCO

Meme King

I know several people that bought steel to save money then later switched to synthetic. Steel is heavier and a little more cumbersome to deal with. But if you honestly don't think you'll use it much, get the steel.

Braxtonsag

Warn vr series with steel cable ships with a steel hawse fairlead. I also went steel because I’ll likely only every use it for recovering others out of snow or bush removal. When the cable breaks down I’ll probably replace it with synthetic rope. If you do that just make sure the winch drum is free of burrs and swap to an aluminum hawse fairlead

Top Bottom