Water Pump issues

raiderz628

Has anyone had any water pump issues my 2016 JKU with 19,900 just had the water pump freeze up about 2 days before my 3 years 36,000 mile warranty went out. I did buy an extended warranty since I drive low mileage.
Dealer acted like they did me a favor love my Jeep wish I had more options for warranty repairs in my home town.
Thanks

This if fairly common with the 3.6 water pump. Funny that you posted this today. Last night while pulling into the garage I heard a noise that sounded like the water pump beginning to go. I have a 2016 with 33,000 miles. Guess I know what I will be doing next weekend. :naw:

Has anyone had any water pump issues my 2016 JKU with 19,900 just had the water pump freeze up about 2 days before my 3 years 36,000 mile warranty went out. I did buy an extended warranty since I drive low mileage.
Dealer acted like they did me a favor love my Jeep wish I had more options for warranty repairs in my home town.
Thanks

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Yep. I’m surprised you only got 20k out of yours though. I’ve seen tons right around the 35-45k mark go bad.

Bingo. Took my 2012 in for the infamous cyl head replacement and the tech spotted the tiniest leak. No big deal to replace, but a pain I didn’t expect. No worries since w/85K miles now. Good luck!

raiderz628

Yep. I’m surprised you only got 20k out of yours though. I’ve seen tons right around the 35-45k mark go bad.

Jeep says covered for 5 years 50,000 miles was really surprised could have been worse at least I was on the hard top and didn't need to get towed across the desert

raiderz628

Bingo. Took my 2012 in for the infamous cyl head replacement and the tech spotted the tiniest leak. No big deal to replace, but a pain I didn’t expect. No worries since w/85K miles now. Good luck!
I didn't even have a leak or any belt noise but oh well dealer covered but wasn't happy with service Jeep did call me about my complaint

Top Bottom