Q-series Winch question.

Lane87

I'm thinking about getting the Q9500i Quadratec winch to mount in my EVO 1/4 pounder. I'm on a tight budget so I feel like this is my best bet. Anyone have any experience with the new Q-series with the integrated solenoid? If by chance anyone has a picture of one mounted in an EVO bumper that would be even better!! Thanks!

billybob990

I'm thinking about getting the Q9500i Quadratec winch to mount in my EVO 1/4 pounder. I'm on a tight budget so I feel like this is my best bet. Anyone have any experience with the new Q-series with the integrated solenoid? If by chance anyone has a picture of one mounted in an EVO bumper that would be even better!! Thanks!

I own a Warn XD9000i
Pros- its a Warn, it supposedly water proof (don't want to test it) great line speed and duty cycles
Cons- need an air compressor like the power plant
Steel line
I've only had to use it twice-once when I got stuck like a see-saw on a mound, and the second time my buddy got stuck in some thick mud and his quadratec 9.5k wasn't doing the job, but my Warn did!

this is from another thread i was just reading so i figured id share it its 2 threads below yours and you can see pics as well

Lane87

I own a Warn XD9000i
Pros- its a Warn, it supposedly water proof (don't want to test it) great line speed and duty cycles
Cons- need an air compressor like the power plant
Steel line
I've only had to use it twice-once when I got stuck like a see-saw on a mound, and the second time my buddy got stuck in some thick mud and his quadratec 9.5k wasn't doing the job, but my Warn did!

this is from another thread i was just reading so i figured id share it its 2 threads below yours and you can see pics as well

Yeah i read that already. I really want a warn but really can't swing the kind of money for one. I just figured I'd make this thread to see if I could get anyone that had one to give some feedback. Thanks though!

billybob990

Yeah i read that already. I really want a warn but really can't swing the kind of money for one. I just figured I'd make this thread to see if I could get anyone that had one to give some feedback. Thanks though!

welcome, i didnt know if you had read it or not i dont have a winch or i would give you some feedback on one, but i have found that the 9k rigs run about $300 which isnt bad at all

LGPow2006

I have the Q9500i.... And I probably got what I paid for.
Right after install I was spooling in some cable I had free spooled out.... Light wisps of the magic the put into electric motors...smoke.
Those guys at Quadratec sent another one to me as soon as I contacted them....even covered the return shipping for the smoked one.
I have not had to use it under load yet...kinda nervous. Test running has been fine.

I seen a comparison that I thought was independent suggesting it is a great winch...not sure how independent it was not. Upgrade will happen at some point just so I can get that funny feeling out of my gut.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have the Q9000 in black. Only had it on a since Xmas and only been wheeling once with it. Haven't had a chance to use it on the trail. Some of the up at Rausch Creek I know tho have it and they love it. Said its great for the price. If you have a 2 door the 9000 will be good but if you have a 4 door the guys at Quardatech will recommend one of the bigger ones.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363528052.228391.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lane87

Thanks for the info! I can't afford a better brand right now but find myself needing a winch more and more. Hopefully I don't have the same problems you had with your Q9500i.

Tackerdown

Banned
Thanks for the info! I can't afford a better brand right now but find myself needing a winch more and more. Hopefully I don't have the same problems you had with your Q9500i.

I've heard they are hit or miss some work great some not so well , I hope you get one that works well especially if its me that needs you to winch me out lol.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

DasBuxxx

Lane87 I too am a builder on a budget:rock: and was looking at this same winch. did a little research and found they made in China just like the smittybilt winches. Personally I opted to wait a little longer to throw one on the front of my rig being that 1. I want it to work when I need it to w/o any real concern 2. I only want to buy it once. I am personalty looking at a warn, from what i have read they last and can be rebuilt

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Guy at the local 4x4 shop said he would go with the q9000. He said they tend to be slow but in our area we dont really need fast line speed since he didnt think we would be doing long pulls like out west. I was thinking going with the engo line due to price and the test that 4x4mag did on them. Oddly they came in 3rd place but were one of 2 that made it till the end without breaking. Just having a hard time deciding personally if I really need a winch at this time or just wait.

Tackerdown

Banned
Guy at the local 4x4 shop said he would go with the q9000. He said they tend to be slow but in our area we dont really need fast line speed since he didnt think we would be doing long pulls like out west. I was thinking going with the engo line due to price and the test that 4x4mag did on them. Oddly they came in 3rd place but were one of 2 that made it till the end without breaking. Just having a hard time deciding personally if I really need a winch at this time or just wait.

That last part is a good line. I haven't as of yet put myself in a position that I needed one. Most recoveries can be done with a strap. That said there was one occasion that the winch did come in handy.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
yeah thats my thing, I did get a strap so I feel like thats enough for 95% of the time. My last trip to rausch a guy got stuck and his winch would not work but we had straps so all was well.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I think it was a rugged ridge...it had power and when the remote was connected it lit up and everything, but wouldnt engage and we had a very hard time getting it to disengage to spool it out....no idea on how long he had it tho or if it was purchased new

Lane87

i guess i more want a winch than need one and I have a bonus coming soon so my wife said i could use $400 to either buy a winch or a handgun... All my problems would be solved if i could just sell my hard top already!

Tackerdown

Banned
i guess i more want a winch than need one and I have a bonus coming soon so my wife said i could use $400 to either buy a winch or a handgun... All my problems would be solved if i could just sell my hard top already!

Have you put it on Craigslist yet ?

Top Bottom