Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PR44 and PR60 for Jeep JK 37" tires - What Am I Missing?

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    I don't have a picture for you. Basically sideways impact like slipping off of a rock sideways can bend the outer flange on the axle. The flange is the round flat end that your brake rotor attaches to. When it bends the rotor/wheel and such wobbles and causes noises and vibrations.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Gotcha! Thank you

Matthew
    16’ JK Rubicon HR - Wampa
    Matthew Nicholas
    The Wampa- 16’ JK Rubicon Hard Rock
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the RECOMMENDED-Jeep-Parts-amp-Accessories section of this forum will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Abntroop View Post
    I keep reading references to bent flanges, and I’m not tracking. Could someone please post a pic and explain?
    Here's a thread with info, pics, and video: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...e-shaft-flange
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Nothing but a Thing desertrunner's Avatar
    OP I have a 12' sport 2dr that I originally had on just a set of 4dr springs and 33s when I bought my trail leader package. Get the extra caster on the housing it will set up just fine. I went back and forth on that for a while because I was so low on lift at first and it still works and now works even better that im on 37s and a 3" lift.
    I'd also recommend the 1350.
    And I have a 6 speed but kinda wish I had 5.13s for the 37s over the 4.88s that I chose. I ran them on 33s to start so 5.13s would have been way too big and the 4.88s has a bigger pinion but if you have 37s already I'd consider 5.13s.

The pure bolt in ability of the SF PR60 is appealing but if you have a good shop to do the gears and locker the trail leader package will save you 1-2k and should be plenty strong for 37s on a 2dr. Or the other option mentioned above get the FF60 rear with 5x5.5 adapters for the PR44 but I would personally pass on the SF60 rear.

If you do the trail leader package the hydro assist bracket will hit your drag link if you are not running a DL flip so I cut mine off when I first set up my front axle. No big deal but know you may have to cut off that bracket or do a DL flip at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    12' 2dr Gecko Sport 6 speed
    PR44, ARBs, 4.88s, 35 spline rear, Adams 1350 Front & Rear, Rubi T-case, Rubi sway bar + Evo no limits, Evo armor & skids, 37/13.50" Cooper STT Pro, Evo 2" plush / OME med duty springs

***SOLD*** 08' JKU Rubicon 6-speed Stone White, 3.5" RK lift, 37" KM2s and lots more.
    ***CURRENT DD*** 16' F150

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by mondricek View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have a 2014 2 door JK Sport Auto and about to ditch the front dana 30 and rear 44 for a Dynatrac Prorock 44 front and Prorock 60 rear axles. I have a Metalcloak 2.5" gamechanger lift and CC flat fenders and will be putting on 37" tires.

Here is what I am thinking as far as axles:

PR44
    -standard housing (6 degrees of separation like a stock jk axle because I only have a 2.5" lift)
    -0.5" wall thickness tubes
    -OEM trackbar mount
    -4.88 gears
    -dynatrac balljoints
    -Eaton Elocker 30 spline
    -RCV axles 30 spline
    -1310 pinion yoke (logic here is this would be the first to break and make for a much easier fix on the trail)

PR60
    -4.88 gears
    -Eaton Elocker
    -1350 pinion yoke
    -don't know what else I can customize on the rear axle?

What do you guys think? Does anything stand out to you that I should reconsider?

Thanks!
    Welcome to Wayalife - go check in and give us a wave.

If you are not planning on going above 37's, why not got PR44 front with upgraded 35 spline axles on the back. I did the Dynatrac trail leader package, it is a nice kit. The Upgraded D44 in the back will have no problem supporting 37's. I would also suggest upper and lower adjustable control arms in the front. With my PR44, I needed both to really dial in my alignment. As others have said, 1350 is what you want to do for drive shaft on the front. RCVs are nice (I put 80k miles on my old Jeep), but they do pop and make horrible noises after awhile.
    2017 White JK : (build thread)
    Synergy 3"/2", Dynatrack Trail Leader Package
    Dynatrac Pro Grip Kit, PSC Big Bore Steering Kit
    MCE Fenders, 10th Anniversary Hood, Borla Climber Exhaust
    ATX Slabs, Nitto Trail Grappler 37's
    Shrock Works Front Middy, LoD Destroyer Rear
    Genright Sliders, Warn VR12-S ,

Oh yeah, and VENGEANCE.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Here's a thread with info, pics, and video: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...e-shaft-flange
    Thank you! That was helpful!

Matthew
    16’ JK Rubicon HR - Wampa
    Matthew Nicholas
    The Wampa- 16’ JK Rubicon Hard Rock
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the RECOMMENDED-Jeep-Parts-amp-Accessories section of this forum will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12