Rubicon Springs and Shocks for 2 door Sahara?

Toompy

So finally got my Jl here in New Zealand, 2 door "Overland" ,which is the same as the "Sahara" in the US.
I've put 33" BFG KO2 on it, I don't want to go bigger, and now thinking about lifting it a bit. Not a huge lift because I don't think a big lift with "only" 33's is the look I'm after.
So will putting on Rubi spring and shocks give me that small lift? and can that be done without changing anything else?

Newbie, so be gentle!

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Not 100% sure but over here all models have the same springs and they are different to the US models. I’d expect New Zealand would be the same.

If you only want a small lift just get a spacer lift

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
So finally got my Jl here in New Zealand, 2 door "Overland" ,which is the same as the "Sahara" in the US.
I've put 33" BFG KO2 on it, I don't want to go bigger, and now thinking about lifting it a bit. Not a huge lift because I don't think a big lift with "only" 33's is the look I'm after.
So will putting on Rubi spring and shocks give me that small lift? and can that be done without changing anything else?

Newbie, so be gentle!

Been there, done that. If I were you I’d put a spacer lift on it. It will ride better with it’s factory springs on it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Here is my old one. The tires are metric, but essentially 33 inch. The first image is with no lift. The second image is 2.5 inch spacers in front, and 1 inch in the rear.

Attachments

• F4226A15-6744-43D7-9784-CDFB27ABD2BD.jpeg
    F4226A15-6744-43D7-9784-CDFB27ABD2BD.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 51
  • A82DF7DC-AC08-4D4F-83A9-719EB0E0FCAF.jpeg
    A82DF7DC-AC08-4D4F-83A9-719EB0E0FCAF.jpeg
    277 KB · Views: 52
Top Bottom