VIDEO - BUST / Part 1 : The California Emigrant Trail / This is Where it All Begins

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
BUST starts where it all began over 170 years ago, Independence, Missouri. At the time, this river port town stood at the edge of civilization and it was the point where emigrants would have left riverboats traveling along the Missouri River to begin a 2,000 mile overland trek to the west. In this episode, you'll get to see us follow in their footsteps as we make our way across the plains of Kansas, in our modern day prairie schooners, also known as a Jeep Wrangler and visit historical stops all along the way. This would include the river bank at Upper Independence Landing, the National Frontier Trails Museum, Hart Grove, the Blue River Crossing, New Santa Fe, the Cholera Cemetery and Alcove Spring just to name a few. We hope you enjoy.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you like what you see and haven't done so already, please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel by clicking the link below:
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

It's hard to imagine but, up until the 1830's, there were only a handful of people in America who had successfully traveled to California and across what was then only known as, the Great American Desert. Most of these people were trappers, traders and missionaries and it wouldn't be until the 1840's that a more defined route was established by early settlers and given the name, The California Trail. Thanks to the discovery of Gold in 1848, there would ultimately be tens of thousands of people who would make the arduous four month journey, one that started along the banks of the Missouri River and ultimately ended in the goldfields of California. Along the way, they would cover over 2,000 miles, cross deep rivers, tall mountains and an unforgiving desert and all at a time when there were no roads, no stores, no hospitals, no laws and no second chances.

For years, Cindy and I had been wondering if it was possible to retrace the California Trail from beginning to end, as closely as possible to the original route and as much as possible, all on dirt. Along the way, we would make stops at historical sites, see deep ruts carved into the hillsides from the thousands of wagons that passed through before us and follow geological landmarks that early pioneers used to guide their way. After two years of extensive research, careful planning and plotting a viable route, we finally set off to make that trek and this video series chronicles our journey.

To our good friends Tony, Stephanie, Tina, Carl, Toni, Et, Joe, Don, Lori, Ray, Kevin, Tom, Susan, Ken and Doug for joining us on this epic adventure! We love you guys

WIN a Pair of NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you didn't WIN a pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses the last time around, you've got another chance coming your way and all you have to do take a guess as to how long episode 2 will be. Post up your answer here and the person who gets the closest will WIN. Good luck to you!

IMG_3903.jpg

UPDATE : The official time of Episode 2 is 20:57
CONGRATULATIONS longarmwj!!

Strainger

Caught the Bug
AARGHH!! All I get is a black screen. Somethings wrong with my settings and I don't know how to fix it. Oh well, I guess I can watch it with my wife on her computer. :rolleyes2:

OK! Just finished watching with the missus on her computer. What a great start. Loved the music. This is going to be fun to watch. Can't wait for the next 3 episodes. Betting they are just as entertaining and informative as the first.

Eddie and Cindy, you guys rock! :rock:

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
BUST / Part 1 : The California Emigrant Trail / This is Where it All Begins

A lot of great History. This is looking like a fun Journey. Trip Requirements: #1 - Cowboy Hats

Part 2 - 18:48

Last edited:

longarmwj

I think episode 2 will be 21:12.

Episode 1 was awesome!!! I got a chuckle with the “original dynatrac” comment in the video. Back then they were called dyna-trunks [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
It’s astounding what people went thru to find a better life back then, such an adventure! Awesome first part, you guys are amazing

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

DMF

Loving it so far and to see Moby again was definitely a treat! Can’t wait for part 2.

16:15 but I wish it will be like 2 hrs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hell ya! Can’t watch now but will tonight after baseball!!!

Sure hope you enjoy it :)

AARGHH!! All I get is a black screen. Somethings wrong with my settings and I don't know how to fix it. Oh well, I guess I can watch it with my wife on her computer. :rolleyes2:

OK! Just finished watching with the missus on her computer. What a great start. Loved the music. This is going to be fun to watch. Can't wait for the next 3 episodes. Betting they are just as entertaining and informative as the first.

Eddie and Cindy, you guys rock! :rock:

Glad that you and Susan were able to watch this video and that you enjoyed it. We really had a great time with the two of you and are so glad that you were able to join us for this adventure. :yup:

A lot of great History. This is looking like a fun Journey. Trip Requirements: #1 - Cowboy Hats

Part 2 - 18:48

LOL - cowboy hats are always a must :D

Looking forward to more! Looks like a fun trip with tons of history.

It really was a great trip and one that you should have been on with us. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Love the history part so far of the trail. I’ll guess 22:18 for episode 2

History and being able to see it first hand is what this trip is all about.

I think episode 2 will be 21:12.

Episode 1 was awesome!!! I got a chuckle with the “original dynatrac” comment in the video. Back then they were called dyna-trunks [emoji6]

Now that's funny!

It’s astounding what people went thru to find a better life back then, such an adventure! Awesome first part, you guys are amazing

It really does put perspective on things. Makes people today seem like wimps.

USMC Wrangler

Love this stuff! Thanks for doing it, all of you, and am looking forward to the next part in the series! [emoji1303]

Part 2 guess...23:28

Trail Bud

Hooked
Wow!! Oh man I had a smile on my face the whole time watching it! One of the best trips of my life!!!
So much fun to watch and the people to share the memories and sites with.
Loved the music, the edits, great video !
Now have too wait for te next one. I the mean time I’ll watch it again.
Thanks for the memories !!!! :beer:

Slavens

Caught the Bug
Such a good video. You guys seriously are the best. We enjoyed it a lot and can't wait for the rest.

Thank you Cindy and Eddie!

PS: We definitely miss you guys

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

rmilobrown

Great video! Did not notice any corn rats with STT PRO tread marks on their backs, left to die in the cloud of dust left by your insensitive Jeep Gang! Can't wait to see the next one!

HAPPYTRAILS

Top Bottom