Semi ProRock 60 strong enough for 37"

mondricek

I know it is not ideal. It's a semifloat rear axle and there is a chance of bending a flange, but how likely is that with 37" tires? I don't plan on going crazy with this build. It's a 2 door JK with a 2.5" lift and flat fenders. But I do want to run the Rubicon and go to Moab.

Thanks!

I know it is not ideal. It's a semifloat rear axle and there is a chance of bending a flange, but how likely is that with 37" tires? I don't plan on going crazy with this build. It's a 2 door JK with a 2.5" lift and flat fenders. But I do want to run the Rubicon and go to Moab.

Thanks!

Livermore huh? I frequent that area.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. You can bend a flange on factory axles just the same.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've bent 3 factory flanges but one was during a traffic accident so that doesn't count. Other 2 were on trails. I would assume that those running a prorock 60 may push their jeeps a little harder with the 'confidence to explore' mentality.

Semi ProRock 60 strong enough for 37"

It’s safe to say that if you’re running a semi-float axle you’re always going to have the potential for a bent flange. Sure, a semi float 60 may take more effort to bend but it can still happen. I run what I feel is the strongest “stock” rear setup I can find and that’s an ARB with 35 spline 4130 chromoly shafts. Beyond that I’m going to save until I can afford a FF PR60 and not spend money on another semi-float. So with all that said, yes, should be plenty strong for 37’s (I’m running 37x13.50’s) on my set up and I did bend a flange slightly but, I was going up an obstacle that is known for doing just that and also known to break FF axles as well so I’m going to call that a variable that can be tossed out.

Last edited:
Well there went my idea of staying 5 lug forever. Was planning to eventually get the SF 60 but not trying to be bending shit all the time. Who knows. I wheel like a grandma so we’ll see

Then why are you thinking about throwing cash away on a 60? [emoji848]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I don’t get to wheel a lot because of work but when I do the last thing I want to be worried about is breaking something or being stranded. I work all year but we take a big vacation out west and hit up trails in every state in the southwest and Moab/Colorado. Iv built it in a way that I feel it’s more than able to handle what I put it through for peace of mind that I won’t be stuck in the middle of nowhere with 2 young kids and a wife in a disabled jeep in the hot ass desert lol

Another issue that compounds the likelihood of bending a flange is weight. Start adding armor, tire carriers, gear, etc, etc, and these damn things get close to pickup truck weight. Start hammering a little on an obstacle and voila. I've bent 3 SF60 flanges and I know exactly where it happened each time :grayno: Save up more and do a FF.

Another issue that compounds the likelihood of bending a flange is weight. Start adding armor, tire carriers, gear, etc, etc, and these damn things get close to pickup truck weight. Start hammering a little on an obstacle and voila. I've bent 3 SF60 flanges and I know exactly where it happened each time :grayno: Save up more and do a FF.

Well the extra wheel spacers didn’t help either ;)

Well the extra wheel spacers didn’t help either ;)

LOL, very true, but I yanked those damn things after the first bent flange! Ha, that one was really bad - Gruff looked like a clown car rolling through Pine Grove! :cheesy:

Thanks!

I think what we’re try to tell you is skip the semi float 60. The factory rear d44 is plenty strong for 37’s. With the trail leader package you get a front pr44 all set up and all the parts you need for your existing rear axle. You’ll be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Also a belt flange typically won't strand you on the trail. I upgraded my rear shafts after I bent a factory one. Revolution has a lifetime warranty on their shafts, even bent flange and broken u-joints up front. If I bend one I'll call them up and ask about their warranty process. Same goes for the fronts. I have stock trail spares to get me off the trail and home. Unless of course it's in the locker.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I just bent a shaft at the flange on my pr60 on a 2door 37km2s slabs it didn't take much at all have about 12k miles on setup so far I am not impressed with the dynatrac setup have replaced axle seals on both sides on rear at 5k miles

Top Bottom