Semi ProRock 60 strong enough for 37"

mondricek

I know it is not ideal. It's a semifloat rear axle and there is a chance of bending a flange, but how likely is that with 37" tires? I don't plan on going crazy with this build. It's a 2 door JK with a 2.5" lift and flat fenders. But I do want to run the Rubicon and go to Moab.

Thanks!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I know it is not ideal. It's a semifloat rear axle and there is a chance of bending a flange, but how likely is that with 37" tires? I don't plan on going crazy with this build. It's a 2 door JK with a 2.5" lift and flat fenders. But I do want to run the Rubicon and go to Moab.

Thanks!

Livermore huh? I frequent that area.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. You can bend a flange on factory axles just the same.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I've bent 3 factory flanges but one was during a traffic accident so that doesn't count. Other 2 were on trails. I would assume that those running a prorock 60 may push their jeeps a little harder with the 'confidence to explore' mentality.

Semi ProRock 60 strong enough for 37"

It’s safe to say that if you’re running a semi-float axle you’re always going to have the potential for a bent flange. Sure, a semi float 60 may take more effort to bend but it can still happen. I run what I feel is the strongest “stock” rear setup I can find and that’s an ARB with 35 spline 4130 chromoly shafts. Beyond that I’m going to save until I can afford a FF PR60 and not spend money on another semi-float. So with all that said, yes, should be plenty strong for 37’s (I’m running 37x13.50’s) on my set up and I did bend a flange slightly but, I was going up an obstacle that is known for doing just that and also known to break FF axles as well so I’m going to call that a variable that can be tossed out.

Last edited:

Braxtonsag

Well there went my idea of staying 5 lug forever. Was planning to eventually get the SF 60 but not trying to be bending shit all the time. Who knows. I wheel like a grandma so we’ll see

Braxtonsag

Then why are you thinking about throwing cash away on a 60? [emoji848]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I don’t get to wheel a lot because of work but when I do the last thing I want to be worried about is breaking something or being stranded. I work all year but we take a big vacation out west and hit up trails in every state in the southwest and Moab/Colorado. Iv built it in a way that I feel it’s more than able to handle what I put it through for peace of mind that I won’t be stuck in the middle of nowhere with 2 young kids and a wife in a disabled jeep in the hot ass desert lol

Ddays

Hooked
Another issue that compounds the likelihood of bending a flange is weight. Start adding armor, tire carriers, gear, etc, etc, and these damn things get close to pickup truck weight. Start hammering a little on an obstacle and voila. I've bent 3 SF60 flanges and I know exactly where it happened each time :grayno: Save up more and do a FF.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Another issue that compounds the likelihood of bending a flange is weight. Start adding armor, tire carriers, gear, etc, etc, and these damn things get close to pickup truck weight. Start hammering a little on an obstacle and voila. I've bent 3 SF60 flanges and I know exactly where it happened each time :grayno: Save up more and do a FF.

Well the extra wheel spacers didn’t help either ;)

Ddays

Hooked
Well the extra wheel spacers didn’t help either ;)

LOL, very true, but I yanked those damn things after the first bent flange! Ha, that one was really bad - Gruff looked like a clown car rolling through Pine Grove! :cheesy:

A.J.

Thanks!

I think what we’re try to tell you is skip the semi float 60. The factory rear d44 is plenty strong for 37’s. With the trail leader package you get a front pr44 all set up and all the parts you need for your existing rear axle. You’ll be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Also a belt flange typically won't strand you on the trail. I upgraded my rear shafts after I bent a factory one. Revolution has a lifetime warranty on their shafts, even bent flange and broken u-joints up front. If I bend one I'll call them up and ask about their warranty process. Same goes for the fronts. I have stock trail spares to get me off the trail and home. Unless of course it's in the locker.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

LUZZO454

I just bent a shaft at the flange on my pr60 on a 2door 37km2s slabs it didn't take much at all have about 12k miles on setup so far I am not impressed with the dynatrac setup have replaced axle seals on both sides on rear at 5k miles

Top Bottom