2020 Corvette Revealed

longarmwj

Watched the live stream of the new mid engined corvette’s reveal. Not sure how I feel about it. I feel like it looks like a cheap knockoff of a Ferrari or something.
IMG_8985.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

Nope.. just nope. 🤣

In all seriousness, I agree. I too am not a fan. I feel as though it lacks the iconic Corvette shape(long hood line, short flat rear end) I understand that you can’t have that design with a mid engine.. but it’s just too far of a departure from what the Corvette is known for. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good looking car in its own right, and I am sure the performance is off the charts, but I’m not sure the corvette name fits it..

Let me just say, in my opinion, you can’t go wrong with the C5 ZO6. Now I’m probably partial to this model because it’s the only Vette I’ve ever driven, but just look at it 🤤
IMG_1290.JPG

Bierpower

Hooked
That's as bad as the new mustang that looks like a BMW. If people want European cars than can get them from European companies. American cars are losing their appeal. Thank God for the jeep

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

Nope.. just nope. 🤣

In all seriousness, I agree. I too am not a fan. I feel as though it lacks the iconic Corvette shape(long hood line, short flat rear end) I understand that you can’t have that design with a mid engine.. but it’s just too far of a departure from what the Corvette is known for. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good looking car in its own right, and I am sure the performance is off the charts, but I’m not sure the corvette name fits it..

Let me just say, in my opinion, you can’t go wrong with the C5 ZO6. Now I’m probably partial to this model because it’s the only Vette I’ve ever driven, but just look at it 🤤
View attachment 330994

I’ve driven a C5 C6 and C7. They’re too tail happy for me. If I want a performance car I want it to hug the corners not try to kill my by spinning into the wall. I’m thinking having the weight of the motor more towards the back isn’t gonna help that issue.

Apparently GM felt that they had reached the cap of possibilities with having a traditional front engine rear drive layout. Not exactly sure how, but it prompted them to make a Ferrari fighter.

longarmwj

Which one? Corvettes have been changing for 60 years.

I think he’s referring to the classic “coke bottle” shape the corvette has. For 60 years they’ve followed the same general design language of long hood and sweeping rear.

It would be like Porsche totally changing the 911s styling. It’s an iconic looking car that you don’t mess with to that extent

KratosRenegade17

Kinda looks like a Lotus. What engine?
Its a forced induction LT7 for the zo6 I believe and zr1s but will also come in an na package as well and the base c8s (also called FE1 trim levels) are getting an lt2 6.2 na with the option of a z51 performance package (FE3 trim level). I used to work at the assembly plant two months ago and we were gettong ready to phase out the lt1s lt4s and lt5s in prep for this one

Sent from my LM-X210APM using WAYALIFE mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Yeah, and my JL doesn't "look like a Jeep". For that matter, neither did my JK. I've been looking forward to this for decades. I'm tentatively loving it, or at least loving the concept. This is not something that I will be an early adopter of though. For such a major platform change, I would expect the possibility of a shit ton of bugs to iron out. Sort of like the folding phones that are starting to rear their heads. For those of you that are resistant to change, feel free to text me at Klondike 5 - 6904. 😅

TrailHunter

Hooked
I dont know whats going on at GM right now, but their design department is on Crack... First the trucks, now the Vette.

longarmwj

I dont know whats going on at GM right now, but their design department is on Crack... First the trucks, now the Vette.

Don’t forget the camaro too. And they’re redesigning the Tahoe and suburban for 2021 so that is probably going to follow the same ugly design trend they’re using recently.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I just can't wait for this vette to be downloadable content on forza 7 or forza horizon 4. If I cant afford to buy one I can sure as hell play with one on Xbox lol

Sent from my LM-X210APM using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lol. I was tired of not affording cars like Jay Leno, so I've got a sim rig down in my basement with force feedback wheels and pedals in front of a 65 inch screen.

Lol. I was tired of not affording cars like Jay Leno, so I've got a sim rig down in my basement with force feedback wheels and pedals in front of a 65 inch screen.

I’m gonna need you to take pictures of that. And then let me play with it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom