ProRock 62 Rear Axle?????

mondricek

After talking with Dynatrac, they are upgrading my Prorock 60 rear axle to a Prorock 62 rear axle. It sounds like it is similar to an XD and all around better than the older 60 rear. Can't find any information about it on Dynatrac's website. Was wondering if any of you know anything about it? Yes it's a semifloat and a lot will say it's a waste of money, let's leave that out of this for now.

Ddays

Hooked
:thinking: PR62? What's different about it?

I talked to them a couple years ago and they said they had an "upgrade" they were looking at for the PR60 SF axles but Dan would't/couldn't tell me what it was....

mondricek

:thinking: PR62? What's different about it?

I talked to them a couple years ago and they said they had an "upgrade" they were looking at for the PR60 SF axles but Dan would't/couldn't tell me what it was....

I'm scratching my head too. They are going to email me pictures so I can take a look. I will post them when they arrive.

Benito

Caught the Bug
I May be wrong but I believe it was a different trackbar bracket and a diff cover with a grove for an o-ring so you don’t have to use gasket maker, also a cast control arm mount if it is for front

jorgelrod

Hooked
I spoke with Dynatrac recently, I think you must have misheard. What they offer is basically a new XD60 housing that they have that is high pinion but uses the standard cut Ring and pinion. It uses the 9.75" ring gear instead of the 10.1" ring gear in the standard XD60. I know all the shortcomings of a SF axle, but I am still seriously considering it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 3.34.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 3.34.28 PM.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 257

Benito

Caught the Bug
I spoke with Dynatrac recently, I think you must have misheard. What they offer is basically a new XD60 housing that they have that is high pinion but uses the standard cut Ring and pinion. It uses the 9.75" ring gear instead of the 10.1" ring gear in the standard XD60. I know all the shortcomings of a SF axle, but I am still seriously considering it.

The PR62 is a different animal, using the 9.75 ring isn’t something new in the XD60

RSQCON

Pretty sure it I the XD housing but the PR60 knuckles instead of the aluminum knuckle on the XD or in this case just the larger XD housing

RSQCON

Quick search yielded the quote from Dynatrac: "The ProRock 62 uses a variation of our XD60 center, giving it increased rigidity for better durability and longer gear life. Often when gears fail, it is deflection in the housing that causes the failure, and the way to guard against that is more rigidity in this core part of the axle housing. The nodular iron diff cover included with the ProRock 62 also adds structure and strength to the housing, and the cover is attached with 7/16-in bolts because it functions as additional structure. The axle also comes with our US-made, rebuildable HD balljoints."

Ddays

Hooked
Quick search yielded the quote from Dynatrac: "The ProRock 62 uses a variation of our XD60 center, giving it increased rigidity for better durability and longer gear life. Often when gears fail, it is deflection in the housing that causes the failure, and the way to guard against that is more rigidity in this core part of the axle housing. The nodular iron diff cover included with the ProRock 62 also adds structure and strength to the housing, and the cover is attached with 7/16-in bolts because it functions as additional structure. The axle also comes with our US-made, rebuildable HD balljoints."

See, if you would have led with that I'da been, "hey, good info."

Thanks for the info. Wonder how long that's been out. Surprised this is the first its come up.

RCVRY

That’s good stuff. Thanks for diggin that up and posting.
Don’t be upset that we got confused and you got short. It happens.
I’ve been there. It’s fuckin hot outside. 🥵
In this heat I have to remind myself what my guys have been working in all day. When they get pissed I offer Gatorade and air conditioning.
Damn it’s fucking hot in Chicagoland right now. Sticky fucking can’t breathe kinda hot.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mondricek

Thank you RSQCON! You are the man

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked

Cute. My quick search found that you conveniently left out this quote you copied and pasted from another forum to support your false statements:

"Our Hard Core 60 package is the best value offered today. We recently upgraded the front axle in this package to a ProRock 62."

And also this one:

"The ProRock 62 in the Hard Core axle set has our Pro60 wheel ends and HD balljoints. "

So once again I say you are on the wrong end. Unless Dynatrac is offering 4-wheel steering systems now, the XD62 is the front axle only not the rear. Thanks for adding some confusion for the OP to try and decipher. :thumb:

Why in the hell would you purposely choose to be an ass and only post part of the info you so were so quick to find?

thumb_you-are-fake-news-memegenerator-ne-you-are-fake-news-53231292.png

Last edited:

RSQCON

A logical person would be able to determine that the upgrades featured on a rear axle would not include anything having to do with knuckles or ball joints so by process of elimination that would leave you with the larger housing. I can see how that might be difficult for some people to comprehend. BTW there is no such axle as an XD62 its a ProRock 62...talk about false news!

Top Bottom