Anyone else’s rear EVO D ring mounts loud af?

Braxtonsag

I can’t be the only one, I absolutely love these things but god they rattle like nobodies business. I fully understand there’s not really much that can be done from evos standpoint because the frame rail probably differs massively between every wrangler. Anyone else dealt with this and found a fix? When I’m coming to a stop and the knobs on the tire hit that sweet spot around 15mph where the vibration peaks, those d ring mounts let out a growl the whole neighborhood can hear

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Umm are you sure it’s those? Are the tight? Do you have d rings on them? I’ve never heard a set rattle. I have two sets and both are tighter than a 10 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

If your mounts rattle then they’re loose and you should address that. If it’s the shackles then either remove them or out some isolators in them go quiet then down.

Braxtonsag

I don’t keep shackles in them, they just have a lot of play inside the rail. I suppose I could try and tighten them more but that front bolt is a bitch to get to. I tightened them with a 1.5 ft ratchet and just assumed they was tight enough lol. I’ll update in about 20 mins when I get home

Braxtonsag

No more noise. They were *loose*. I guess i didn't realize you had to pinch them in the rails. Assumed they just needed tightened since they're set up in double shear rather than cranked down until pinched lol. Hard to believe iv dealt with that shit for a year now for no reason.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
No more noise. They were *loose*. I guess i didn't realize you had to pinch them in the rails. Assumed they just needed tightened since they're set up in double shear rather than cranked down until pinched lol. Hard to believe iv dealt with that shit for a year now for no reason.

Good thing you’ve never had to use them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom