Quitting Smoking

RCVRY

I’m quitting cigarettes (again). Tomorrow will be ground zero so apologies in advance for obscenities, general disgruntlement and anything else I throw your way.

I’ve developed almost chronic bronchitis and with young kids it’s starting to scare me.

I don’t want this crutch anymore. I’m better than this.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Nice move. If I've learned anything raising our daughter, it's that you have to lead by example. Anytime you want to fire one up, just think about trying to keep up with your kids in 10 years while you struggle with your black tarry lungs. Good luck.

Ddays

Hooked
Think of your kids having to grow up without a dad because he couldn't kick the habit. I quit Copenhagen cold turkey because of that almost 20 years ago. You'll be glad you did too.

MericaMade

I would think buying cigarettes takes to much money away from jeep parts. That alone would get me to quit.

Honestly, every time you go to light up think about how disappointed your children are in you. You are killing yourself in front of them. Best of luck quitting, I'm rooting for you. Plus, you wont smell like Bigfoots dick daily.

Ddays

Hooked
Both of my parents died of cancer. One Pancreatic and the other lung. Quit. You already have health issues and they don't get better unless you quit.

RCVRY

Not sure how that multi quote works, but thanks to all. I’m starting a new chapter tomorrow that doesn’t include tobacco.

I’m done. I’ve quit before and remember how much better I felt.

I’m ready for a change. Thanks again!

Leeboy03

Best of luck to you, it’s a bitch. They say it’s all mental after the first week but it doesn’t get easier. Sometimes I still go in a station hell bent on getting a can of dip. I’ve been relying on the zyn tobacco free nicotine pouches when it gets rough. They do take the edge off and keep me from giving in. If you find yourself about to give in, give them a try.

JAGS

Hooked
A hard challenge, but a doable one. Just need to find the right motivation. I used to smoke and dip back in college. Kind of a holdover from high school weekends that became an issue when it outgrew weekends. Quit pretty much cold turkey when I was 20. Not that I’ve never done either since, but once I got the right motivation in my head, it was much more doable. Good luck. Your kids will appreciate It. And maybe they won’t pick up the habit as a result either. [emoji106]

DMF

Good luck on quitting. I smoked for 20 years before quitting. Back then, I would chose my cigarettes over my girlfriends. After trying to quit a dozen times, the last time I went cold turkey and never missed having another cigarette again. I honestly don’t even know how I was able to quit.

Coop

Caught the Bug
You can do this. Your family will benefit in so many ways, and that should be your major motivation. You physically will begin to notice changes in a week!
We all start for different reasons. I started the summer after graduating HS working for US Steel on the labor gang. When we took a break, if you weren’t smoking, the Forman would jump your shit for loafing. If you were smoking, it was ok because you taking a smoke break.
Funny how things used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom