RK Track Bar Bushing & Joint Play

Ajkaz

I kept hearing a noticeable clunking every time I would change steering direction and thought it was a worn drag link end as I tore the boot some time ago trying to get it off when swapping axles. I tested all of the tie rod and drag link ends with channel locks and they are tight. I narrowed down the clunk to the track bar joint at the axle side, its noticeably loud, check out the play in my video, I'm going to get a replacement ordered today.

Check out the the play in the flex joint, is that normal being that its rubber or should I replace that as well? Both bolts are torqued to spec.

These are the original joints that came on this bar roughly 8 years ago, they only have 15k miles on them, albeit hard miles.

Ajkaz

Where is the flex joint? Just replace the track bar all together with an OE.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

The flex Joint is the rubber joint on the frame side.

I may go back to OE, but i need more adjust ability in the frame side bracket first to center the axle. I'm cutting off the factory Dynatrac TB bracket and burning on a Synergy for a DL flip, should be the perfect time to make the swap.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I have a RK lift and I ditched both of their track bars because the Heim joint (the one your having issues with) would transmit the vibrations into my JK and their mounts were flimsy. I went back to the OEM track bars and EVO mounts about 5 years ago and haven’t had an issue since then. I’m still running the RK springs and all of the arms. Overall without their track bars and mounts it has been a great kit for me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom