Rear bumper/tire carrier

bl17z90

I am looking for a stubby bumper like the lod one but i want one where the carrier can attach to and move with the tailgate. I don't wantto have to open the tire carrier and then the tailgate too it just seems cumberson

I am looking for a stubby bumper like the lod one but i want one where the carrier can attach to and move with the tailgate. I don't wantto have to open the tire carrier and then the tailgate too it just seems cumberson

I'm not aware of any that do that. I believe they separate them for the weight.

I am interested to see if anyone knows of one.

rickc309

L.O.D. makes a Gen 3 Stubby with attached carrier which opens with the gate. . Call David at Northridge, the price is the same as the full width.

L.O.D. makes a Gen 3 Stubby with attached carrier which opens with the gate. . Call David at Northridge, the price is the same as the full width.

We have the LOD stubby and it opens separate than the tailgate. I think he wants one that's "attached" so it opens when you open the tire carrier.

rubicrawl

We have the LOD stubby and it opens separate than the tailgate. I think he wants one that's "attached" so it opens when you open the tire carrier.

LoD does sell one that opens with the gate I was just on they're website last night and saw it in there

rubicrawl

I think it is but you can only put the accessories on the passenger side not the driver maybe so you have room to open the gate and fits up to a 37" tire also I believe

I think it is but you can only put the accessories on the passenger side not the driver maybe so you have room to open the gate and fits up to a 37" tire also I believe

I was going to say we just bought it and never saw anything like that. That would be a pretty neat setup.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
ACE makes one too. Not much room for accesories, but its nice quality and it looks good. The price is pretty decent.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

jbaskin28

ACE makes one too. Not much room for accesories, but its nice quality and it looks good. The price is pretty decent.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

They look pretty solid.

If I was going for an attached tire carrier route, the ACE would be my first choice.

bl17z90

Did t realize lod made one like this. Only one i had ever heard of was the aev bumper but thats full width and i don't want that.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Did t realize lod made one like this. Only one i had ever heard of was the aev bumper but thats full width and i don't want that.

I know a lot of people are happy with the LOD set up. I loved mine that was not integrated. For me it really wasn't a big deal to open the carrier and then the gate. I imagine the combined unit will take a little more to set up, but will be easier in the end. :thumb:

MTG

Caught the Bug
They look pretty solid.

If I was going for an attached tire carrier route, the ACE would be my first choice.

Skirmish ran the ACE integrated bumper/carrier. I think he had an earlier edition but had problems with it. Maybe he'll chime in? I think ACE is a good company, and I like dealing with their owner a lot (I originally ran their sliders). But I'd probably look to LOD as my first choice. Just my :twocents:

Skirmish

The original design had problems with cracking where they joined. They sent a replacement with gussets and I've had no issues. As far as I can tell though they don't sell the model I have anymore. The tire carrier is a different shape and the bumper is smaller. It's not the pro model I believe. It is a great company though. Talked to Adam a few times on the phone and he was great. Unfortunately they raised their prices a few months ago cause one of the things that sold me on it was it was much cheaper than the competition.

bl17z90

Hmm guess i have some research to do. But i think i will be leaning more towards the gen 3 lod stubby. While we're at it, lod seems to be the best bolt on slider/step out there. Is this true or is it just my observation? I want to see one in person but the local shop never uses lod on their showroom builds but they do use smittybuilt, does anyone know offhand if they use the same shape rail?

dchew

Caught the Bug
Hmm guess i have some research to do. But i think i will be leaning more towards the gen 3 lod stubby. While we're at it, lod seems to be the best bolt on slider/step out there. Is this true or is it just my observation? I want to see one in person but the local shop never uses lod on their showroom builds but they do use smittybuilt, does anyone know offhand if they use the same shape rail?

Most settle on either LOD or EVO sliders. You mentioned step, which would lead you to the LOD because the standard EVO sliders are not much of a step. However, you can get the EVO sliders with a lower angle if you ask for it.

Dave

bl17z90

I just watched the install video, I thought it was a bad idea to use rails that used the body mount bolts?

Top Bottom