Bumperless rear with parking sensors

medbender

Does any one know if the rear parking sensors can be disabled. I plan on going bumperless in the rear but held up by the sensor dilemma. Any suggestions would be appreciated

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Does any one know if the rear parking sensors can be disabled. I plan on going bumperless in the rear but held up by the sensor dilemma. Any suggestions would be appreciated

I believe you can turn them off with the tazer

medbender

hoping so. Left tazer an Email but haven't heard back yet. Unit on order.
Got a text back from Z automotive and there is a function on the programmer but they have had reports that the system is "not happy" with the function. Hopefully there will be upgrades on the way soon.

Last edited:

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug

Can you jump the plug ends to trick the ECU, or putting sensors on the body?

Last edited:

RCVRY

Can you jump the plug ends to trick the ECU, or putting sensors on the body?

They’re probably inductive prox detectors, in which case those are normally open.

Just cut ‘em off. If they’re normally open tape off the wires separate. If they’re normally closed splice them together. Are they two or three wire?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
They’re probably inductive prox detectors, in which case those are normally open.

Just cut ‘em off. If they’re normally open tape off the wires separate. If they’re normally closed splice them together. Are they two or three wire?

I would suspect they are 3 wire, also probably not able to jump. If it is a induction loop, you cant jump that.
After posting and thinking about it, my guess is the factory probably put in a fail safe, considering these devices are to prevent stupid people from running over their kids. Im glad my 18 doesn't have them.

Interesting thread btw.

RCVRY

I would suspect they are 3 wire, also probably not able to jump. If it is a induction loop, you cant jump that.
After posting and thinking about it, my guess is the factory probably put in a fail safe, considering these devices are to prevent stupid people from running over their kids. Im glad my 18 doesn't have them.

Interesting thread btw.

Yes, I’m a dumbass about most stuff, but inductive proxy’s I know.

If it’s a three wire it’s because it can be wired either normally open or closed.

They’re either normally open or normally closed applications. I can also state that normally closed applications have been discontinued because “they are obsolete”.

I spent weeks fucking with this replacing magnetic “go” switches (3-wire)with inductive sensors on slide gates and travel limits...drove me crazy. Relays got involved to calm my insanity.

I’m telling you, these are simple. Cut the wire isolating the signal. Job is done. There’s no other sensor on the market they could use. If there is, I need it.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
^^^THIS ^^^
Just cut the damn wires already. Somebody's got to take the hit for everybody else. Either you're a hero or your zero.

Top Bottom