EVIC PSI different from gauged tires

TheGrendel

This is my 2nd JK, and I definitely didn't have this problem on my last one. but, i have a couple of different handheld gauges including a Jayco digital. I aired up my Coopers to 28 PSI. But, EVIC is consistently telling me they are at 31-32 psi. Has anyone else had their EVIC system be off that much? Is there a way to fix it? I know it isn't the end of the world. but, it is very annoying.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
This is my 2nd JK, and I definitely didn't have this problem on my last one. but, i have a couple of different handheld gauges including a Jayco digital. I aired up my Coopers to 28 PSI. But, EVIC is consistently telling me they are at 31-32 psi. Has anyone else had their EVIC system be off that much? Is there a way to fix it? I know it isn't the end of the world. but, it is very annoying.

When you aired them up was it when the tires were cold? Was the temp cold that day? Is the pressure reading that after driving on the tires? Sorry for the simple questions but there is a lot of variables

TheGrendel

When you aired them up was it when the tires were cold? Was the temp cold that day? Is the pressure reading that after driving on the tires? Sorry for the simple questions but there is a lot of variables

that was my thought as well. so, yesterday, i left the Jeep in the garage all day. so, everything would be normal non-driving temp. checked again. 27.8 in one tire. EVIC displaying 32.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
that was my thought as well. so, yesterday, i left the Jeep in the garage all day. so, everything would be normal non-driving temp. checked again. 27.8 in one tire. EVIC displaying 32.

Have you driven on them since setting the pressures? Sometimes it takes the tpms sensors a mile above 15 mph for them to read the pressures properly.

TheGrendel

Have you driven on them since setting the pressures? Sometimes it takes the tpms sensors a mile above 15 mph for them to read the pressures properly.

i drove it today. i figure i'll check the pressure in all 4 wheels with 2 gauges and compare to the EVIC as soon as i get home. that way i know the EVIC reading is new.

Noble Woodsman

That's about the same offset my EVIC reads vs. the manual tire gauges. I always figured the manual gauge was off a bit. I usually get about a 2-3 psi difference between different manual gauges anyway. Do you really need that level of accuracy though?

A.J.

They will be off some with elevation change also. Atmospheric pressure has an effect on them as well. As far as temperature goes the rule of thumb is about 1psi per 10deg in temperature change. I am sure there is a more exact mathematical equation but it's pretty close.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

mijku

My evic readings are close to my hand held gauge. My left front and rear are swapped though. I had a low tire which the evic showed front left. I checked it a couple of days with hand held and it was right at where i set it. A day later i noriced my left rear looked low. Thats when i realized the readings were swapped on evic. I thought the tpms in front left was just going bad.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
They will be off some with elevation change also. Atmospheric pressure has an effect on them as well. As far as temperature goes the rule of thumb is about 1psi per 10deg in temperature change. I am sure there is a more exact mathematical equation but it's pretty close.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

This is correct...this was always a factor in filling scuba tanks; fast fills generated heat, resulting in the cylinders not being filled to rated volume as they cooled...

Top Bottom