Need help real quick

red84cj7

I finally bought my Synergy drag link and I'm in the middle of the flip. After removing the old drag link, in the hole in the knuckle there appears to be a spacer. I have attached a picture from directly above where you can see the gap in the spacer, and one showing the bottom of the knuckle where you can see the spacer sticking out. This isn't normal is it? 20190727_111050.jpg 20190727_111124.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Can you push it back up and make it flush? Spacer should rest on top of the knuckle with a flange from the ones I’ve seen. I’ve never installed a synergy though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

I finally bought my Synergy drag link and I'm in the middle of the flip. After removing the old drag link, in the hole in the knuckle there appears to be a spacer. I have attached a picture from directly above where you can see the gap in the spacer, and one showing the bottom of the knuckle where you can see the spacer sticking out. This isn't normal is it? View attachment 331542 View attachment 331543

It’s normal if it was “over reamed” or drilled out to accept an aftermarket end.

red84cj7

It was the factory drag link installed from the bottom. The Synergy kit requires the hole to be drilled to 7/8". I'm guessing I just need to try to knock it out because how do I drill that without the drill bit grabbing the gap in the spacer and mucking up my $40 bit?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It was the factory drag link installed from the bottom. The Synergy kit requires the hole to be drilled to 7/8". I'm guessing I just need to try to knock it out because how do I drill that without the drill bit grabbing the gap in the spacer and mucking up my $40 bit?

So take it out. What size is the hole without the spacer?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

red84cj7

I was able to knock it out. Just never saw that in any of the videos I watched so my first thought was, oh here we go, this shit always happens to me. Simple jobs are never simple for me. Anyway, thanks for the input guys.

red84cj7

Only to find out the hole is already 7/8 so the good news is no drilling. The bad news is I wasted $40 on a drill bit I didn't need. Anyone need a 7/8 drill bit?

red84cj7

I'm gonna try. Receipt says 20% restocking fee. I may be able to sell it to someone in need for the same difference. I'll see what my guy from Synergy says. They're an hour away from me and I got a tour of their facility yesterday which was cool. I'm hoping to buy their tie rod soon.
Return the drill bit.

SLO

Only to find out the hole is already 7/8 so the good news is no drilling. The bad news is I wasted $40 on a drill bit I didn't need. Anyone need a 7/8 drill bit?

Damn, I would’ve bought it from you two days ago but I just ordered one from Amazon for a totally different reason

Top Bottom