Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Need help real quick

  1. #1
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Lompoc, CA
    Posts
    35

    Need help real quick

    I finally bought my Synergy drag link and I'm in the middle of the flip. After removing the old drag link, in the hole in the knuckle there appears to be a spacer. I have attached a picture from directly above where you can see the gap in the spacer, and one showing the bottom of the knuckle where you can see the spacer sticking out. This isn't normal is it?20190727_111050.jpg20190727_111124.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #2
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    32,797
    Can you push it back up and make it flush? Spacer should rest on top of the knuckle with a flange from the ones I’ve seen. I’ve never installed a synergy though.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

    2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    1975 DJ5

  3. #3
    Old Timer USMC Wrangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cochise County, AZ
    Posts
    4,219
    Quote Originally Posted by red84cj7 View Post
    I finally bought my Synergy drag link and I'm in the middle of the flip. After removing the old drag link, in the hole in the knuckle there appears to be a spacer. I have attached a picture from directly above where you can see the gap in the spacer, and one showing the bottom of the knuckle where you can see the spacer sticking out. This isn't normal is it?20190727_111050.jpg20190727_111124.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    It’s normal if it was “over reamed” or drilled out to accept an aftermarket end.
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

    DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

    Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

  4. #4
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Lompoc, CA
    Posts
    35
    It was the factory drag link installed from the bottom. The Synergy kit requires the hole to be drilled to 7/8". I'm guessing I just need to try to knock it out because how do I drill that without the drill bit grabbing the gap in the spacer and mucking up my $40 bit?

    Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #5
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    32,797
    Quote Originally Posted by red84cj7 View Post
    It was the factory drag link installed from the bottom. The Synergy kit requires the hole to be drilled to 7/8". I'm guessing I just need to try to knock it out because how do I drill that without the drill bit grabbing the gap in the spacer and mucking up my $40 bit?

    Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    So take it out. What size is the hole without the spacer?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

    2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    1975 DJ5

  6. #6
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Lompoc, CA
    Posts
    35
    I was able to knock it out. Just never saw that in any of the videos I watched so my first thought was, oh here we go, this shit always happens to me. Simple jobs are never simple for me. Anyway, thanks for the input guys.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

  7. #7
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Lompoc, CA
    Posts
    35
    Only to find out the hole is already 7/8 so the good news is no drilling. The bad news is I wasted $40 on a drill bit I didn't need. Anyone need a 7/8 drill bit?

    Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #8
    Addict JKbrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Leo, Indiana
    Posts
    8,685
    Quote Originally Posted by red84cj7 View Post
    Only to find out the hole is already 7/8 so the good news is no drilling. The bad news is I wasted $40 on a drill bit I didn't need. Anyone need a 7/8 drill bit?

    Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Did you buy your Jeep used?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #9
    Addict jesse3638's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,880
    Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    Did you buy your Jeep used?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    That would be my assumption and a lift removed and returned to stock.

    Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

  10. #10
    Addict JKbrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Leo, Indiana
    Posts
    8,685
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    That would be my assumption and a lift removed and returned to stock.

    Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Exactly


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. JK 4.0 HO Swap for real.
    By JKUndaunted in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 05-04-2019, 01:31 AM
  2. I want real guys...
    By Mariahup1 in forum The INFIRMARY
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-18-2018, 04:05 PM
  3. Real advise on 37's
    By gmanmp in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 03-05-2017, 09:36 PM
  4. Is this real? Has anyone used this website?
    By Dirt Rancher in forum The 8th Slot
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-13-2016, 11:24 PM
  5. The real story
    By ridg3runner in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 09:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS