Psc owners

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I just got through installing a PSC PS pump and 16” heat sink cooler. (I was already running their assist ram and a RNR gearbox with ATF). Used a gallon and a half of flush fluid then a quart and a half or so of Swepco 715 before the it appeared to be the 715 coming out of my return line ( the 715 and flush are someone of the same color, but the 715 has a sweet smell as where the flush is odorless).

Now it looks like my reservoir has a red hue to the fluid. Does anyone else have a red hue to their fluid or is it yellow?? Do I need to keep flushing the system???

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jkjon

Mine has no tint to it other than the yellow of the 715 fluid. I just kept flushing with until I got it clear, then added 715. I did have a new reservoir and some new lines so that may be why it was quick.

With that much flush through it, I’d imagine whatever residual red fluid you have is negligible.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Yeah, mine was just the yellow as well after the flush. Don’t think there’s too much to worry about

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Update: flush it some more, there was definitely a bit left in my ram. Got it to where it’s clear/yellow. If you look deep down into the reservoir there’s some hue to it, but it’s deep and minor. I think I’ll pull it out of the garage and give it a test drive in the morning!

The fluid on top
IMG_0726.jpg

You can see the red looking deep down here. I think I’ll leave it for now though and flush it again in a couple hundred miles or so if any more ATF works out.

IMG_0727.jpg

RCVRY

Update: flush it some more, there was definitely a bit left in my ram. Got it to where it’s clear/yellow. If you look deep down into the reservoir there’s some hue to it, but it’s deep and minor. I think I’ll pull it out of the garage and give it a test drive in the morning!

The fluid on top
View attachment 331563

You can see the red looking deep down here. I think I’ll leave it for now though and flush it again in a couple hundred miles or so if any more ATF works out.

View attachment 331564

Agree there’s definitely some pink in there. Does cycling the cylinder push anymore through?

Does it hurt anything to leave it there?

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Agree there’s definitely some pink in there. Does cycling the cylinder push anymore through?

Does it hurt anything to leave it there?

So I cycled the entire system until it ran clear, twice. And both times I went ahead and started it and cycled through with the engine running and then came up with the red.
The third try I disconnected the hoses ram and cycled through until it was coming out clear from the lines and ram. Same thing happened. All looked good, cycled through lock to lock a bunch, then started it for 30 sec, shut it off to check level, started again and cycled through and ended up with the red.
I really don’t know where it’s coming from at this point.

I should note that I did disconnect the return line from the reservoir each of the 3 go rounds and completely drained the reservoir and rinsed it will a little Swepco 715 as well. So far I’m up to 8 quarts of 715 (including the last fill) and realized I actually did go through 2 full gallons of flush initially. I officially am out of fresh bottles now lol

I’m hoping someone will chime in whether they think it will hurt it to leave what’s there now. Otherwise if I need to flush it more then I have to wait till I can get more delivered...

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Have you contacted PSC? I assume what you are seeing is just leftover atf from the cylinder slowly working its way up. The fluid doesn't cycle well from the ram since it just pushes back and fourth. I doubt that it is a real concern to run it as is, unless PSC gives you different information.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Have you contacted PSC? I assume what you are seeing is just leftover atf from the cylinder slowly working its way up. The fluid doesn't cycle well from the ram since it just pushes back and fourth. I doubt that it is a real concern to run it as is, unless PSC gives you different information.

I have not contacted them yet as I finished at about 8 pm last night. I was hoping to test drive it today but don’t want to run the pump if that small amount of atf is going to hurt it

RCVRY

Hoping somebody with some good PSC knowledge will chime in

I’d say your best bet would be to contact PSC. I’m thinking they’re the experts.

Alternatively you could pull the SDS for each fluid and compare them. That’s info you may want to have on hand when you contact PSC.

Good luck and let us know what you find out. [emoji106]

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I’d say your best bet would be to contact PSC. I’m thinking they’re the experts.

Alternatively you could pull the SDS for each fluid and compare them. That’s info you may want to have on hand when you contact PSC.

Good luck and let us know what you find out. [emoji106]

Thanks! I’ll just have to wait till tomorrow and take today to relax a bit

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Update for any that are curious: I spoke with Kelvin at PSC yesterday and he confirmed that all is well. Having some leftover ATF is not going to hurt anything.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Good to know. Kelvin is awesome, he’s been a great resource for me over the years

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom