JL JOURNAL : FLEX TEST of Our JL Wrangler with EVO Long Arms & Coilovers

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Over the 4th of July Weekend, our good friends Tina and Adam came out to visit Cindy and I and being that we just got our Jeep JL Wrangler outfitted with an all new EVO High Clearance Long Arm System and King Coilovers, we decided to use the opportunity to take it out and put it to the test. Fortunately, we have big rocks just down the street and it didn't take long for us to get all twisted up. In this short video, you'll get to see how our JL performed and we hope you enjoy what you see.

A BIG thanks goes out to Tina and Adam for joining us out on the rocks and for being our support crew for the day. :cool:

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That wheel travel isn’t even fair!!! Makes the jk bolt on coilovers look silly! Looks like you guys had a great time, minus the body damage, out on the local trails!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Had a fun day out there minus the body damage and broken control arm. Awesome display and video, even though video doesn’t do those bolt on coilovers justice.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
That front flex is insane, and no binding! Sorry to see that corner rub. I’m sure it won’t be the last. Great see you an Adam putting the Jeeps they their paces!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

ImpactDoc

Super awesome, I love driving this area. I always drive down from Reno. Although I haven’t been to where you guys were at for the majority of the video. I wonder if it’s far far right after you go through the entrance. I was trying to spot the area you guys drove in relation to dirt biker hill (the first hill on the left as you go through the entrance).

Man that flex never gets old, thing of beauty! Awesome editing and cinematography as always.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Both Jeeps look great. Bummer about the rear corner.... makes me think I need to do something about mine being exposed like that and only running 35's.... Can you feel a huge difference in flex with the out bound rear coil overs?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That wheel travel isn’t even fair!!! Makes the jk bolt on coilovers look silly! Looks like you guys had a great time, minus the body damage, out on the local trails!

LOL - the JL bolt-on coilover system yields something like 4" of more travel up front and 5" in the rear :crazyeyes:
Body damage sucked but it won't the best last time I'm sad to say.

Had a fun day out there minus the body damage and broken control arm. Awesome display and video, even though video doesn’t do those bolt on coilovers justice.

Thank you again for coming out and for the great time out on the trail. Hard to believe we could get into so much trouble just down the street. The body damage and your broken control arm sucked but in a way, it was all part of the fun. :yup:

Looks like a great day!! Looks like a full width (aftermarket) rear bumper might be beneficial on the JLs after all

Man, I would really hate to run a full width bumper. I'm working on a design that might help out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That front flex is insane, and no binding! Sorry to see that corner rub. I’m sure it won’t be the last. Great see you an Adam putting the Jeeps they their paces!

Nah, won't be the last time by any means. Sucks but really, it's part of what it's all about. :crazyeyes:

Super awesome, I love driving this area. I always drive down from Reno. Although I haven’t been to where you guys were at for the majority of the video. I wonder if it’s far far right after you go through the entrance. I was trying to spot the area you guys drove in relation to dirt biker hill (the first hill on the left as you go through the entrance).

Man that flex never gets old, thing of beauty! Awesome editing and cinematography as always.

There are a lot of different routes you can take and yes, what you're looking at is stuff you can get to far to the right of dirt biker hill.

Both Jeeps look great. Bummer about the rear corner.... makes me think I need to do something about mine being exposed like that and only running 35's.... Can you feel a huge difference in flex with the out bound rear coil overs?

On a JK, you shouldn't have any issues. At least, we never have on Moby or Rubicat.

That was just a stupid amount of flex. Looks like a fun place to play too. I may have to allow for an extra day to explore when I’m out that way in September.

benatc1

Hooked
Great video! Some serious flex out of those bolt ons. Good to see Adam's new Jeep too. Looks like a great day! Minus the body damage if course. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Hold the phone.....that Tom Cruz looking dude is Adam?

I dont know why but seems to me that Eddie's had a little more flex then Adams DTD at certain obstacles.

You got a really nice Jeep Adam, glad you got to show it off.

I'm sold on coilovers more then ever now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

rmilobrown

Great video guys! Thanks for sharing! Looks like you have an awesome playground just down the street. Sorry for your loss, it'll buff out[emoji12]

HAPPYTRAILS

Top Bottom