Redbird SRA

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Does anyone know how progress on the Redbird SRA trail updates/reroutes is going? Any idea when it is going to be completed?

The Redbird website hasn't been updated recently. I know they were trying to get it open early this summer but I'm assuming the extremely wet spring/early summer has delayed completion. I'm semi local and just bought my jeep last fall, I have been dying to do a little offroading. Hoping to setup a meet (or join someone else's) when Redbird is open.

Seems like this is a pretty large and active group, I was just hoping someone would have info. Thanks in advance for any info.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
No info, but I’ve been wanting to check out that place for awhile. I thought it was planned to be closed all of 2019 and open again next year, but I could be mistaken as.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Primo82

Caught the Bug
No info, but I’ve been wanting to check out that place for awhile. I thought it was planned to be closed all of 2019 and open again next year, but I could be mistaken as.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That was the initial plan, but they tried to start early so they could open it up early summer:

https://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/9914.htm

But with the amount of rain this spring/summer I'm sure this got pushed out. Unfortunately the site wasn't updated.

When Redbird opens I'll try to organize a meet and greet on here. Hope you can join!

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Same here, Aug 9th. Me and a buddy are planning to go that weekend sometime.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sweet! If you post something up on here when you figure out times I may be able to meet you that Saturday or Sunday. I live about 1.5 hrs away. I promise I'm not a douchecanoe, just a newbie. I think it would be funner/safer in a group with a little experience.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Last best guess I heard was mid August. I am only about 20 miles from it and look forward to it opening back up.

So it looks like Redbird does open this Friday, 9th Aug. I'm trying to find a few local buddies who are interested in wheeling Sat. I should arrive between 11a-noon. If interested let me know in this thread or feel free to PM me! The more the merrier.

I'm also down for runs later in the year if anyone is interested. Been dying to get some mud on the jeep though! Cheers.

https://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/4225.htm

pbeabout

I will be there with a few people tomorrow. I have a red JKU will be running trail doors, and I have STL Cardinals stickers above the Sport stickers on my fenders. We will be there around 10:30.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I will be there with a few people tomorrow. I have a red JKU will be running trail doors, and I have STL Cardinals stickers above the Sport stickers on my fenders. We will be there around 10:30.

Thanks for the heads up! I went yesterday with the misses and our youngest. Trails were great! A lot of people. Dry except for a few spots. I think we hit most of the easy and intermediates.

I'm supposed to hang out with a friend today, he's been down. If he wants we may be back today.

Top Bottom