Electronic stability service mesage

Mikes570

Hey all, I just put an adjustable front track bar on my JL. Everything was fine before install. But after I was done I seen my steering wheel was off a decent amount. No big deal I adjusted it on the drag link. Anyways, I figured that’s why I have a message and light on the dash saying to service electronic stability. Did I do something wrong? Please tell me I don’t need to waste a trip to the dealer for something stupid. Is this an easy driveway fix?

Mikes570

I did. Had the steering wheel centered , while parked. After I drove it it was still off but didn’t think it was that bad off.tolerable until my alignment next week. But the light is still on also still have the message to get serviced on the screen

Whitarmy

I had to drive for about 3 days after I centered my steering wheel to get the light to go off. But I also live about 10 miles from work so I wasn’t driving a ton in those 3 days. I also used the JScan app to dial it in. Looked straight-ish with my eye but the app showed me off.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Mikes570

I had just read that it needs to be driven and “reset” . So I’ll give it some time to figure itself out lol. Thanks

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I had to drive for about 3 days after I centered my steering wheel to get the light to go off. But I also live about 10 miles from work so I wasn’t driving a ton in those 3 days. I also used the JScan app to dial it in. Looked straight-ish with my eye but the app showed me off.

OP had a JL so JScan is not an option for him.

Whitarmy

OP had a JL so JScan is not an option for him.

Yeah, I know. Was trying to get the point across that he may need whatever scanner for JL shows steering wheel angle to truly get it straight. Cause it looked straight to me until I read the computer.

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
It should go out on its own eventually. If steering wheel straight it should go out. I experienced similar when I lifted JL.

Top Bottom