Must Have JL features

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
So as I give back in to the world of Jeeps, the JL is a whole new creature to me. Looking for some feedback as to what your MUST HAVE features are...

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So as I give back in to the world of Jeeps, the JL is a whole new creature to me. Looking for some feedback as to what your MUST HAVE features are...

Thanks guys!

As in, what you should get from the factory? If so, I suppose that would depend on how big you're planning to build your Jeep. Like, would you be keeping your axles or upgrading - things like that.

benatc1

Hooked
Definitely LED Lights, they are awesome
I have the 7" screen, kinda wish I had the 8.4"
I have leather, it's really nice but probably not a "must have". Can pass on steal bumpers depending on your plans. I think the AUX switches built in is pretty nice. Having a Rubicon I love the high fenders. Proximity entry is great (not sure if that's standard). I hear the trail rail is kinda a waste, but I don't have it. Lots of good options out there, kinda depends on which model you go with.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would recommend getting the aux switch package. Not only does it get you the programmableswitches themselves, but it comes with conveniently-terminated wiring to tie into and an upgraded alternator. DEFINITELY get the proximity entry. It has completely spoiled me for life.

And something I found out after my purchase is that every JL comes with the stationary tie-downs in the back. The trail rail add-on just gives you a track to slide them around on.

Sent from my SM-G892U using WAYALIFE mobile app

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Thanks guy. I’m kinda stuck right now on what I want and I’m on the opposite end of the spectrum. Looking for a base sport 2 door, or a base gladiator. If I do a 2 door, probably only go around 35s. If I do a gladiator, I’m looking more towards the 37s and getting the max tow package that comes with 4.10s and d44s

IceBerg

The 8.4 with Premium Sound is nice.

The auto-dimming mirror is a scam. The rear window is so dark it rarely triggers and bright lights are not a problem...I could go for auto dimming side mirrors. :clap2:

With the tow package the Aux buttons are great and VERY easy to wire up. You also get the added benefit of the larger battery and alternator.

I am unimpressed with the steel bumpers. If you have any desire to replace them just skip that all together.

Leather is decent but by itself not worth the money unless that is your thing. I will say that the fold down center 'console' that you get with the leather option is nice.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I am unimpressed with the steel bumpers. If you have any desire to replace them just skip that all together.

Agreed. I don't have a JL but I do have a Hard Rock Edition JKUR. The steel rear bumper is nothing special and the cost to put a carrier on it is about the same as just buying an aftermarket carrier/bumper combo. The front steel bumper may be marketed as "winch ready" but it is anything but. You have to buy a winch plate which can cost several hundred dollars depending on the manufacturer. If you want to add even a simple bullbar, you are looking at few hundred more dollars. IMHO, the steel bumpers are not even close to being worth the cost. You can get much better, and more complete, aftermarket bumpers for about the same price.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Cold weather group is a deal breaker for me. I have to have heated seats! It’s a regional thing.

Napalm

The two must have options I had to have when buying my JLUR was the LED package and the cold weather package(Heated Seats, Heated Wheel) The LED headlights/taillights for obvious reasons and the cold weather package is great for cooler mornings when you have the top and doors off.

benatc1

Hooked
Cold weather group is a deal breaker for me. I have to have heated seats! It’s a regional thing.
The two must have options I had to have when buying my JLUR was the LED package and the cold weather package(Heated Seats, Heated Wheel) The LED headlights/taillights for obvious reasons and the cold weather package is great for cooler mornings when you have the top and doors off.

Forgot about cold weather package, well worth it

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
While I don't have a JL I've driven vehicles with adaptive cruise control and if you can get that for your wrangler I'd suggest it. I think Eddie said he got it on his JT. I like it as it instantly adjusts your speed based on the vehicle in front of you no more tapping ACL then COAST then CNCL then RES...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jorgelrod

Hooked
While I don't have a JL I've driven vehicles with adaptive cruise control and if you can get that for your wrangler I'd suggest it. I think Eddie said he got it on his JT. I like it as it instantly adjusts your speed based on the vehicle in front of you no more tapping ACL then COAST then CNCL then RES...haha.

That is a Gladiator only feature at the moment though.

jesse3638

Hooked
That is a Gladiator only feature at the moment though.
I thought I read it would be available for the 19 JL's. If not I'd honestly hold out for it.

Edit: It is now available for the wrangler.
Adaptive cruise with stop (Auto trans) $795
Adaptive cruise (6-speed) $795

Configured they way I wanted it was nearly $49k holy shit...haha.

Last edited:
Top Bottom