Sway bar disconnects

Mikes570

I’m looking to upgrade my sway bar end links to a set of disconnects. My current ones are measuring about 8.5”-9” in length. The ones I’m looking at are coming in at 12.25” but the company told me they use them for all their lift from 2.5”-4.5” with no problems. Looking at my sway bar right now on level parking it is pretty close to being perfectly straight with the frame. I’ve read that that is where you want to keep it with a 5 degree up or down being ok. Am I over thinking this and will I be ok? I don’t want to spend the money on a part that doesn’t make sense or cause a safety issue in anyway.these are going on my 19’ JL sport. Thanks all!

medbender

you want to make sure that your links and sway bar aren't completely extended with the axle in full droop. This can result in the links collapsing in the other direction when the axle compresses. So in other words there still has to be some positive angle between the link and sway bar at full droop. hope I didn't beat that up too much:beer:

Mikes570

you want to make sure that your links and sway bar aren't completely extended with the axle in full droop. This can result in the links collapsing in the other direction when the axle compresses. So in other words there still has to be some positive angle between the link and sway bar at full droop. hope I didn't beat that up too much:beer:

I get what your saying with that all. So therefore if the sway bar was pointing far up with no flex at all in suspension that isn’t good? I don’t wanna order these disconnects just to try it out to find out they don’t work and be stuck with parts that are worthless to me.

jesse3638

Hooked
I get what your saying with that all. So therefore if the sway bar was pointing far up with no flex at all in suspension that isn’t good? I don’t wanna order these disconnects just to try it out to find out they don’t work and be stuck with parts that are worthless to me.
You want them parallel to the frame or pointing slightly up.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mikes570

That’s what I though but the manufacturer told me that the angle was ok... seemed wrong to me. Thanks. Won’t be ordering them. Saved a lot of time

Top Bottom