Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: BUST - Part 4 : The California Emigrant Trail / I Have Seen the Elephant

Fresh Catch

Excellent Series

I thought that this was an excellent series. Although the wheeling wasn't real tricky, the history, stories, scenery and actually being there was great. I had thought earlier that retracing some of the old trails would be cool. You both did a fantastic job. While I am new to your website, I have been subscribed to your youtube channel for a while and love the videos, especially of the whole group together, wheeling and having fun. What a wayalife!

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    The one thing that surprised me through all these videos was the amount of chain link fence that had to be put up to stop people from messing with history, its sad and kind of not the same as to be able to walk right up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail JK View Post
    Amazing video! The views are epic in this leg. Great group of people and bummed we missed this adventure but love that you’ve taken us with you all. So glad to know that Ken recovered from that awful accident.
    Thank you Rachel. The views on this side of the Rockies was truly amazing. As far as people go, well, you're normally a part of it so you would know.

Quote Originally Posted by Strainger's Heart View Post
    Such a great video series. Loved all four of them. Bittersweet at the end but thankful Ken recovered.
    When I look back at all our jeep trips, this trip was by far my favorite. A great group of friends and the history we shared were more than I expected.
    Thank you Eddie & Cindy for putting this together and allowing us to participate.
    Thank you Susan. I have to agree, this was without question, the most memorable trip for us as well. So glad that you and Tom were able to be a part of it

Quote Originally Posted by zimgo View Post
    I thought that this was an excellent series. Although the wheeling wasn't real tricky, the history, stories, scenery and actually being there was great. I had thought earlier that retracing some of the old trails would be cool. You both did a fantastic job. While I am new to your website, I have been subscribed to your youtube channel for a while and love the videos, especially of the whole group together, wheeling and having fun. What a wayalife!
    Thank you. We're happy to hear you enjoyed following us on our adventures and glad to have you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Snboarder113 View Post
    The one thing that surprised me through all these videos was the amount of chain link fence that had to be put up to stop people from messing with history, its sad and kind of not the same as to be able to walk right up to it.
    You have no idea how many historical things I have seen get shot up, trashed, defaced and or burned down over the years. Even with fencing, people still find a way to destroy historic sites. People suck and it's a big part of why I no longer tell people how to get places.

Fresh Catch
    Loved the videos. They were great. Wow!! What an ending. I’m glad he has recovered. Not a way you want the trip to end. You do a great job on your videos. I do hope you will put one out for when you guys finished it. I would like to see how it turned out. I think half the fun is finding these places on your own and I agree about not telling people how to get there. Thanks for the great videos.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    You have no idea how many historical things I have seen get shot up, trashed, defaced and or burned down over the years. Even with fencing, people still find a way to destroy historic sites. People suck and it's a big part of why I no longer tell people how to get places.
    Just so crazy and pointless, people suck.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Quote Originally Posted by firejeeper View Post
    Loved the videos. They were great. Wow!! What an ending. I’m glad he has recovered. Not a way you want the trip to end. You do a great job on your videos. I do hope you will put one out for when you guys finished it. I would like to see how it turned out. I think half the fun is finding these places on your own and I agree about not telling people how to get there. Thanks for the great videos.
    Glad you enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by Snboarder113 View Post
    Just so crazy and pointless, people suck.
    Yes they do and the internet has only made it easier for them to ruin things for the rest of us.

Selected totally at random, the WINNER of the WAYALIFE swag is...

Quote Originally Posted by robx251 View Post
    I loved the series, makes me miss my family trips across country when I was growing up. It reinvigorates my drive to do a vacation overlanding with my wife.
    Attachment 332221
    Congratulations robx251!

Congrats robx251!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Nice! Congrats!

.................................................. ..............
    2013 JKU Sport S, named Spider

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Selected totally at random, the WINNER of the WAYALIFE swag is...

Congratulations robx251!
    Thanks guys! Cassie and I appreciate it. We are grateful.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345