Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Joints

Caught the Bug

Johnny Joints

Im about to replace all my control arms shortly here and am looking at either Evo or trying out the Core 4x4. My question is how much am I gaining in flex and losing in ride comfort by going double Johnny Joint. With the Core I can go combo Johnny poly bushing or double but obviously Evo is double. For reference, Im on a RK 3.5 lift with 37. It is a part time DD utilized predominantly East Coast.

I run the core ones with a single Johnny joint. I'll be switching them out to dual Johnny joints later this year. Two of the rubber bushings went out after a few years. Jeep pretty much only sees trail time though.

Pretty sure that Evo can be adjusted on the Jeep so you don't have to unbolt the arm.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Caught the Bug
    Are you happy with them otherwise. I can always do tier 4 for double joints.

I'm running the core 4x4 tier 4 arms with dual JJs . I can't really speak to an increase in flex because I had made multiple changes to the suspension before testing them out by themselves. As far as ride quality is concerned it's actually improved over stock quite a bit with the plush rides up front even with the JJs. It is my daily driver 300ish miles weekly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brick has Currie arms with JJ on both ends and it drives like a car, all 100 miles so far this month

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You will notice more firmness in the handling with the JJ's. There is a distinct difference and one that I notice when switching back and forth in between my JK and JL. The JL with the factory bushings is a softer ride while the JK transmits more road feel. I really hesitate to call it harshness because it's not. Put it this way: when I cross a couple sets of railroad tracks the JL shudders while the JK is much more solid feeling and firmer. Too bad I didn't think to have you drive Gruff. You could have compared the difference, especially since I still have my RK 3.5 springs in the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    You will notice more firmness in the handling with the JJ's. There is a distinct difference and one that I notice when switching back and forth in between my JK and JL. The JL with the factory bushings is a softer ride while the JK transmits more road feel. I really hesitate to call it harshness because it's not. Put it this way: when I cross a couple sets of railroad tracks the JL shudders while the JK is much more solid feeling and firmer. Too bad I didn't think to have you drive Gruff. You could have compared the difference, especially since I still have my RK 3.5 springs in the front.
    This is a great description of the difference.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Weebz View Post
    Are you happy with them otherwise. I can always do tier 4 for double joints.
    Absolutely. I've been very happy with them. Lots of rock impacts with no issues.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    Brick has Currie arms with JJ on both ends and it drives like a car, all 100 miles so far this month

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    How can I trust you! Garage queen. Lol

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I run the core ones with a single Johnny joint. I'll be switching them out to dual Johnny joints later this year. Two of the rubber bushings went out after a few years. Jeep pretty much only sees trail time though.

Pretty sure that Evo can be adjusted on the Jeep so you don't have to unbolt the arm.
    have you tried to warranty them? curious as they have that "you break it we replace it" banner plastered all over their website, or is bushing wear not covered?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast