Johnny Joints

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I’m about to replace all my control arms shortly here and am looking at either Evo or trying out the Core 4x4. My question is how much am I gaining in flex and losing in ride comfort by going double Johnny Joint. With the Core I can go combo Johnny poly bushing or double but obviously Evo is double. For reference, I’m on a RK 3.5 lift with 37”. It is a part time DD utilized predominantly East Coast.

WJCO

Meme King
I run the core ones with a single Johnny joint. I'll be switching them out to dual Johnny joints later this year. Two of the rubber bushings went out after a few years. Jeep pretty much only sees trail time though.

Pretty sure that Evo can be adjusted on the Jeep so you don't have to unbolt the arm.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I'm running the core 4x4 tier 4 arms with dual JJs . I can't really speak to an increase in flex because I had made multiple changes to the suspension before testing them out by themselves. As far as ride quality is concerned it's actually improved over stock quite a bit with the plush rides up front even with the JJs. It is my daily driver 300ish miles weekly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
You will notice more firmness in the handling with the JJ's. There is a distinct difference and one that I notice when switching back and forth in between my JK and JL. The JL with the factory bushings is a softer ride while the JK transmits more road feel. I really hesitate to call it harshness because it's not. Put it this way: when I cross a couple sets of railroad tracks the JL shudders while the JK is much more solid feeling and firmer. Too bad I didn't think to have you drive Gruff. You could have compared the difference, especially since I still have my RK 3.5 springs in the front.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
You will notice more firmness in the handling with the JJ's. There is a distinct difference and one that I notice when switching back and forth in between my JK and JL. The JL with the factory bushings is a softer ride while the JK transmits more road feel. I really hesitate to call it harshness because it's not. Put it this way: when I cross a couple sets of railroad tracks the JL shudders while the JK is much more solid feeling and firmer. Too bad I didn't think to have you drive Gruff. You could have compared the difference, especially since I still have my RK 3.5 springs in the front.
This is a great description of the difference.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

I run the core ones with a single Johnny joint. I'll be switching them out to dual Johnny joints later this year. Two of the rubber bushings went out after a few years. Jeep pretty much only sees trail time though.

Pretty sure that Evo can be adjusted on the Jeep so you don't have to unbolt the arm.

have you tried to warranty them? curious as they have that "you break it we replace it" banner plastered all over their website, or is bushing wear not covered?

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Thank you for the feedback. I guess the next question is do I go Core tier 4 or Evo🤔

rubiDave

Thank you for the feedback. I guess the next question is do I go Core tier 4 or Evo[emoji848]
I have the EVO arms (all 8) because that came with my lift kit. I think if I was buying just the arms separately I'd go with Core just for the pricing. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I have the EVO arms (all 8) because that came with my lift kit. I think if I was buying just the arms separately I'd go with Core just for the pricing. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Price point is definitely nice. I am probably leaning that way at this point.

JKbrick

Price point is definitely nice. I am probably leaning that way at this point.

The Core arms we put on Arrcherr’s Jeep were really great looking quality. We also put their track bars on his Jeep and honestly they were so big around they hit the diff covers where the Currie track bars do not hit

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Yeah. Need a rear track bar as well. That’s a concern. May just grab a curie for the rear then.

Ddays

Hooked
Yeah. Need a rear track bar as well. That’s a concern. May just grab a curie for the rear then.

Nothing wrong with the stock one. I put mine back on after my POS RK version hit everything in the rear end of my Jeep.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Nothing wrong with the stock one. I put mine back on after my POS RK version hit everything in the rear end of my Jeep.

And like that an even better approach. No need spending where I don’t need. Lol. I have enough spending to do when we start talking axles. Hint hint. Lol

Top Bottom