JK Lift kit

BasClaws

I initially was not going to purchase a lift kit until black Friday. However, metal cloak is running a 10% off sale and free shipping until 6 pm today. Their 2.5" gamechanger lift kit would be about $2300 with rocksport shocks. Now, the other option is to buy the 2.5" teraflex kit from Allen off Roads with front swaybar disconnects, front yeti track bar, exhaust spacer, a full set of core4x4 tier 3 control arms, and fox remote resi shocks for $2500. Also, this is mostly a daily driver and off-road warrior about 12 times a year to places like Rausch creek and AOAA.

Do you guys think there are better deals to be had come black Friday, or should I bite the bullet and purchase the metal cloak lift now?

Thanks in advance for any advice provided! :)

WJCO

Meme King
....., metal cloak ..... teraflex kit ......front yeti track bar....

Do you guys think there are better deals to be had come black Friday, or should I bite the bullet and purchase the metal cloak lift now?

If it were me, I would wait until Black Friday when reputable companies also have deals on the table.

BasClaws

If it were me, I would wait until Black Friday when reputable companies also have deals on the table.

I thought metalcloak was considered one of the best 2.5" kits on the market, am I wrong? I am aware of Rock Krawler and EVO being other options, however EVO did not impress me when looking at their website.

Ddays

Hooked
I thought metalcloak was considered one of the best 2.5" kits on the market, am I wrong? I am aware of Rock Krawler and EVO being other options, however EVO did not impress me when looking at their website.

Buying Jeep parts based on marketing and how cool their website is - solid plan :2thumbsup:

Edit: Non-sarcastic answer: Spend waaaay more time researching before you buy your lift. Or save yourself a lot of grief and call Bubba at Exodus Jeeps.

BasClaws

Buying Jeep parts based on marketing and how cool their website is - solid plan :2thumbsup:

Apologies, let me rephrase that. I've done some research on EVO, and most agree that it is a very good on-road kit that is also decent offroad. I did not think this kit was right for my kind of riding, however, I am not set in stone and appreciate any insight you can give me into this! They have very attractive prices. :)

Edit: Haha, I was writing this post while you were editing yours. I will definitely give Bubba a call while continuing to research. Thanks!

Ddays

Hooked
Apologies, let me rephrase that. I've done some research on EVO, and most agree that it is a very good on-road kit that is also decent offroad. I did not think this kit was right for my kind of riding, however, I am not set in stone and appreciate any insight you can give me into this! They have very attractive prices. :)

Edit: Haha, I was writing this post while you were editing yours. I will definitely give Bubba a call while continuing to research. Thanks!

Good call there - he'll give you solid advice and also his prices are great!

cboggs

I had Metalcloak and would never buy their crap again, garbage. Get yourself the Evo Enforcer and be happy your getting a quality lift that will absolutely out perform the Metalcrap.

BasClaws

Edit: Non-sarcastic answer: Spend waaaay more time researching before you buy your lift. Or save yourself a lot of grief and call Bubba at Exodus Jeeps.

Ahh, I just realized my mistake. I was talking about AEV, not EVO. My mistake just wanted to clear that up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jorgelrod

Hooked
Give JKS a look, their lift kits are very well put together (except for whomever the fuck though putting 2" bumpstops on their 3.5 inch lifts was a good idea...) and I'm very happy with the setup.

Stay away from Rock Krawler, I have their 2.5 max travel lift and its junk. Ive had to replace the front lowers because they started popping and the rear upper joint has basically fallen apart. This is with me greasing them every 6 months like Rock Krawler says to do. Needless to say right now I am in the process of finding a replacement lift that can actually be wheeled on.

Jkratt

I have the MetalCloak 3.5 game changer with Fox shocks. Ride is great with it and 37 inch KM3’s. Ride is very subjective and expect lots of comments.

MericaMade

I initially was not going to purchase a lift kit until black Friday. However, metal cloak is running a 10% off sale and free shipping until 6 pm today. Their 2.5" gamechanger lift kit would be about $2300 with rocksport shocks. Now, the other option is to buy the 2.5" teraflex kit from Allen off Roads with front swaybar disconnects, front yeti track bar, exhaust spacer, a full set of core4x4 tier 3 control arms, and fox remote resi shocks for $2500. Also, this is mostly a daily driver and off-road warrior about 12 times a year to places like Rausch creek and AOAA.

I would rather pay full price and shipping for EVO then a discount on Metal Joke. I have came across a few with that game changer kit and they all complained about it. You are comparing shit to shit with those companies above. Evo usually does a discount around that time but Exodus Jeeps can always take care of you. I know its been said above but give Exodus a call and let him set you up right the first time.

I have the MetalCloak 3.5 game changer with Fox shocks. Ride is great with it and 37 inch KM3’s. Ride is very subjective and expect lots of comments.

Yea I have this lift with these shocks too. Don’t get a 2.5” lift, you’ll be sad. I bought the Metalcloak 3.5 inch Gamechanger lift kit for a couple of simple reasons. Their shit is made in America. The kit comes with shocks, springs, all 8 adjustable control arms, front and rear adjustable track bars, longer front and rear sway bar links, and nice long brake lines. In my opinion, that is the bare minimum that you should buy if you’re lifting your rig. (Plus Adams driveshafts front and rear) The price for all of those components is very reasonable. I also watched tons of videos of people bashing their rigs with this kit on. So I bought it. I have been in a head on collision and love to smash my shit on rocks and so far, there has been no damage to this kit at all.

THAT SAID,

Watching those videos of Jet getting that Evo long arm kit welded on with those King fucking coilovers makes me want that shit so bad...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

BasClaws

I think I have pretty much decided on the EVO lift; it is hard to find someone saying anything negative about it! Now, for you guys with the enforcer 3” did you get the drag link flip and which stage? Also, did you add front/rear adj trackbars and front drive shafts?

jorgelrod

Hooked
I think I have pretty much decided on the EVO lift; it is hard to find someone saying anything negative about it! Now, for you guys with the enforcer 3” did you get the drag link flip and which stage? Also, did you add front/rear adj trackbars and front drive shafts?

Anything at 3" or above will require you to get a front Driveshaft and a rear if it's a two door

Top Bottom