Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JK Lift kit

Fresh Catch

JK Lift kit

I initially was not going to purchase a lift kit until black Friday. However, metal cloak is running a 10% off sale and free shipping until 6 pm today. Their 2.5" gamechanger lift kit would be about $2300 with rocksport shocks. Now, the other option is to buy the 2.5" teraflex kit from Allen off Roads with front swaybar disconnects, front yeti track bar, exhaust spacer, a full set of core4x4 tier 3 control arms, and fox remote resi shocks for $2500. Also, this is mostly a daily driver and off-road warrior about 12 times a year to places like Rausch creek and AOAA.

Do you guys think there are better deals to be had come black Friday, or should I bite the bullet and purchase the metal cloak lift now?

Thanks in advance for any advice provided!

Quote Originally Posted by BasClaws View Post
    ....., metal cloak ..... teraflex kit ......front yeti track bar....

Do you guys think there are better deals to be had come black Friday, or should I bite the bullet and purchase the metal cloak lift now?

Thanks in advance for any advice provided!
    If it were me, I would wait until Black Friday when reputable companies also have deals on the table.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    If it were me, I would wait until Black Friday when reputable companies also have deals on the table.
    I thought metalcloak was considered one of the best 2.5" kits on the market, am I wrong? I am aware of Rock Krawler and EVO being other options, however EVO did not impress me when looking at their website.

I thought metalcloak was considered one of the best 2.5" kits on the market, am I wrong? I am aware of Rock Krawler and EVO being other options, however EVO did not impress me when looking at their website.
    Buying Jeep parts based on marketing and how cool their website is - solid plan

Edit: Non-sarcastic answer: Spend waaaay more time researching before you buy your lift. Or save yourself a lot of grief and call Bubba at Exodus Jeeps.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Apologies, let me rephrase that. I've done some research on EVO, and most agree that it is a very good on-road kit that is also decent offroad. I did not think this kit was right for my kind of riding, however, I am not set in stone and appreciate any insight you can give me into this! They have very attractive prices.

Edit: Haha, I was writing this post while you were editing yours. I will definitely give Bubba a call while continuing to research. Thanks!

Apologies, let me rephrase that. I've done some research on EVO, and most agree that it is a very good on-road kit that is also decent offroad. I did not think this kit was right for my kind of riding, however, I am not set in stone and appreciate any insight you can give me into this! They have very attractive prices.

Edit: Haha, I was writing this post while you were editing yours. I will definitely give Bubba a call while continuing to research. Thanks!
    Good call there - he'll give you solid advice and also his prices are great!

Fresh Catch
    I had Metalcloak and would never buy their crap again, garbage. Get yourself the Evo Enforcer and be happy your getting a quality lift that will absolutely out perform the Metalcrap.
    2012 JKUR, Evo 4" DoubleD w/5100 Bilsteins, ATX/37" Toyos, VKS Fab bumpers, 4:88's, RCV's, MetalCloak fenders **SOLD**.
    2014 JKUR, Evo 4" springs w/Fox 2.0 shocks, Fuel Vector wheels/35" Patogonia MT, 4.10 gears, PS Bruiser bumpers, Engo 10k winch

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post

Edit: Non-sarcastic answer: Spend waaaay more time researching before you buy your lift. Or save yourself a lot of grief and call Bubba at Exodus Jeeps.
    Ahh, I just realized my mistake. I was talking about AEV, not EVO. My mistake just wanted to clear that up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ahh, I just realized my mistake. I was talking about AEV, not EVO. My mistake just wanted to clear that up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    That makes sense. Cant go wrong with the EVO lift. One of the better riding lifts out there.

Give JKS a look, their lift kits are very well put together (except for whomever the fuck though putting 2" bumpstops on their 3.5 inch lifts was a good idea...) and I'm very happy with the setup.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast