Sway Bar Motor Rotate with Genright Ultra Low

SLO

Has anyone tried installing Genright’s Ultra Clearance front bumper with the Rubicon sway bar disconnect motor rotated? Just wondering if there are any clearance issues.
IMG_1032.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would think so. The quarter pounder doesn’t allow it to be rotated back though, right? Doesn’t it interfere. Or can you notch out to make it work?

The sway bar motor? I've got mine clocked and with a Quarter Pounder :idontknow:

I will say though, it's is tight and with the bumper you're looking at, I doubt it'll work.

SLO

The sway bar motor? I've got mine clocked and with a Quarter Pounder :idontknow:

I will say though, it's is tight and with the bumper you're looking at, I doubt it'll work.

Me too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks guys. I’ll try and see. Once clocked back, is it pretty protected or is the motor still somewhat exposed? Obviously you guys don’t worry about hitting it. GenRight is only recommending that bumper for non-Rubicon models (without the Rubicon disconnect motor) but I just can’t imagine hitting the motor would be that likely.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys. I’ll try and see. Once clocked back, is it pretty protected or is the motor still somewhat exposed? Obviously you guys don’t worry about hitting it. GenRight is only recommending that bumper for non-Rubicon models (without the Rubicon disconnect motor) but I just can’t imagine hitting the motor would be that likely.

All I can say is that I've been running like this for well over 10 years on Moby. Granted, I'm just a mall crawler.

The reason why GenRight recommends it for non-Rubicon models is because the sway bar motor would not allow you to install it. It would be in the way.

SLO

Finally got around to installing my GenRight bumper. I was able to rotate the sway bar motor with a little modification to the winch tray. I test fitted the winch and there is no interference with the motor. Just wanted to show this in case anyone else wants to attempt the same. I’ll post some more pics with it installed. Just waiting for replacement bolts for the winch.
IMG_1418.jpg IMG_1419.jpg

Last edited:
I like the fix and creativity!

Personally, with the removal of all the materail near the corner, I'd reinforce that area with some steel, but if you don't have access to a welder, that becomes problematic.

Thanks for the update on the fitment. I just recently sold my Rubi bar for a stock one so that I can build a super high clearance winch bumper on mine. :rock:

SLO

I like the fix and creativity!

Personally, with the removal of all the materail near the corner, I'd reinforce that area with some steel, but if you don't have access to a welder, that becomes problematic.

Thanks for the update on the fitment. I just recently sold my Rubi bar for a stock one so that I can build a super high clearance winch bumper on mine. :rock:

Actually, most of the material in the corner is a cutout from GenRight for the motor isolator. That piece stays the same, regardless of rotating the motor so the cutout is there regardless. Not that reinforcement wouldn’t still be helpful but I’m assuming there are enough of those bumpers/winch trays out there that it’s good to go.

MericaMade

Finally got around to installing my GenRight bumper. I was able to rotate the sway bar motor with a little modification to the winch tray. I test fitted the winch and there is no interference with the motor. Just wanted to show this in case anyone else wants to attempt the same. I’ll post some more pics with it installed. Just waiting for replacement bolts for the winch.
View attachment 339298 View attachment 339296

Odd, so Genright tells you to flip sway motor and not give you enough clearance on the tray to fit? or am I missing something. Did you buy the high clearance bumper?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Kinda lame that you'd have to clearance your new winch plate to make it work but glad to see you were able to figure something out.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Odd, so Genright tells you to flip sway motor and not give you enough clearance on the tray to fit? or am I missing something. Did you buy the high clearance bumper?
I missing something.
GenRight is only recommending that bumper for non-Rubicon models (without the Rubicon disconnect motor):thumb:

MericaMade

I missing something.
GenRight is only recommending that bumper for non-Rubicon models (without the Rubicon disconnect motor):thumb:

The Genright bumper I had prior had a cut out for motor but you did not need to clock it. It also covered the front crash bar and if I remember correctly you did have to relocate the vacuum pump. I think on the ultra high clearance you need to clock the sway motor like the Evo QP.

Last edited:

SLO

Kinda lame that you'd have to clearance your new winch plate to make it work but glad to see you were able to figure something out.

I missing something.

The Genright bumper I had prior had a cut out for motor but you did not need to clock it. It also covered the front crash bar and if I remember correctly you did have to relocate the vacuum pump. I think on the ultra high clearance you need to clock the sway motor like the Evo QP.

This is for GenRight’s Ultra Clearance bumper that does not have the built in skid that attaches to the crash bar. Crash bar needs to be removed. However, the tray they use is the same for most of their stubby bumpers that sink the winch between the frame.

Seahawkfan is correct...GenRight recommends the Ultra Clearance for non-Rubicon models because of the sway bar motor. However, just like many use bumpers like EVO’s quarter pounder on Rubicons and just clock the motor, I wanted to see if it would work.

Eddie, I think you mentioned that the Warn winch plate you had on JetLi wouldn’t allow for clocking the sway bar motor (i think there is even a video, IIR). I wonder if one could get it to work with a little trimming similar to what i did on the GenRight tray.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, I think you mentioned that the Warn winch plate you had on JetLi wouldn’t allow for clocking the sway bar motor (i think there is even a video, IIR). I wonder if one could get it to work with a little trimming similar to what i did on the GenRight tray.

I had considered it but decided that I wouldn't have felt comfortable using it with the amount of material that would have been needed to be removed to make it work. Of course, that's just me and just with that setup.

SLO

I had considered it but decided that I wouldn't have felt comfortable using it with the amount of material that would have been needed to be removed to make it work. Of course, that's just me and just with that setup.

[emoji1360]

Top Bottom